Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole reporting that Golden Boy have agreed a Cotto rematch for later this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Iole reporting that Golden Boy have agreed a Cotto rematch for later this year

When the bout ended, Alvarez ran to ringside and invited WBA-IBF champion Gennady Golovkin into the ring. The public has been hoping to see that showdown, but Yahoo Sports has learned that Golden Boy has reached an agreement with Roc Nation Sports, Cotto’s promoter, they had about the pay split over the November bout with Alvarez. It is not finalized, but Golden Boy and Roc Nation are moving toward a rematch later this year. That leaves Golovkin on the outside again. WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said the winner would have to fight Golovkin next or be stripped, but the belt is a small trinket compared to the prize of a mega-fight.

Still, Alvarez acted interested in meeting Golovkin. “I invited him into the ring,” Alvarez said.

“Like we say in Mexico, ‘We don't [expletive] around.’ I don't fear anyone. We don't come to play in this sport [and] I fear no one in this sport.” Asked if he would fight Golovkin later this year, Alvarez said, “Right now, I will put on the gloves again.”
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/canelo...040610078.html
    Last edited by Dr Rumack; 05-08-2016, 05:30 AM.

Canelo need to veto that ****. No one gives a f#ck about a Cotto rematch. He can do that win or lose in Sept. vs GGG. Canelo need to let that panties wearing momo know whats up. Know one wants to see another bs Canelo fight.

Comment

Oscar flat out said in his interview after the fight when asked about Cotto said who mentioned Cotto? He is not in the running for Canelo's next fight. Sounds like BS from Kevin Iole who is not really plugged into the Golden Boy camp. If this came from Dan Rafael (who broke the Khan story first and is clearly a mole for the Golden Boy camp) then maybe I would buy it.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm...

Comment

Canelo will get shredded for this decision.

Comment

Nobody wants to see that ****, cotto is past his best and already lost to canelo. Ginger needs to man up and give the fans what they want or be known as a ducker.

Comment

Working...
            X