denis boytsov vs alex leapai nov 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King- View Post
    Huh? When did I say any of this? Lol

Clearly out of shape and he looked gassed from maybe the 3rd or 4th round..... His punches has absolutely nothing on them.

no problem bro
    this wasn't directed at you... lol! just a statement made. many called leapai a bum or garbage.

Comment

just finished the fight as my stream got cut off in the 5th. boytsov looked brutal & was clearly out of shape. leapai pushed him around, leaned on him, hit him behind the head, forearm shivered, elbowed & held him by the back of the head & hit him. he was a street bully & boytsov played along with it. he just couldn't get off & when he did it didn't have much effect on leapai. the ref was pretty tolerant but he was like that for both sides. leapai was telegraphing all his shots but he was still able to land. those uppercuts were coming from left field & he couldn't counter or get out of the way. david tua would have countered & laid out leapai with a left hook. ANY top HW would have been able to counter that. I give leapai credit for a hard fought win but he has a marginal skillset at best & there is no way a top contender should lose to him. easy to hit plodder who swings for the fences on every shot. boytsov is 33-1 now & still hasn't fought above the C level. he turned down some big fights to fight leapai. i'm interested to see what his new promoter thinks. leapai's phone will be ringing & he will be getting another big fight but will it be down under, England, nzld or in Germany? adamek\leapai, Cameron\leapai, fury\leapai or lucas browne\leapai or price\leapai...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        just finished the fight as my stream got cut off in the 5th. boytsov looked brutal & was clearly out of shape. leapai pushed him around, leaned on him, hit him behind the head, forearm shivered, elbowed & held him by the back of the head & hit him. he was a street bully & boytsov played along with it. he just couldn't get off & when he did it didn't have much effect on leapai. the ref was pretty tolerant but he was like that for both sides. leapai was telegraphing all his shots but he was still able to land. those uppercuts were coming from left field & he couldn't counter or get out of the way. david tua would have countered & laid out leapai with a left hook. ANY top HW would have been able to counter that. I give leapai credit for a hard fought win but he has a marginal skillset at best & there is no way a top contender should lose to him. easy to hit plodder who swings for the fences on every shot. boytsov is 33-1 now & still hasn't fought above the C level. he turned down some big fights to fight leapai. i'm interested to see what his new promoter thinks. leapai's phone will be ringing & he will be getting another big fight but will it be down under, England, nzld or in Germany? adamek\leapai, Cameron\leapai, fury\leapai or lucas browne\leapai or price\leapai...
        feel kinda bad for boytsov blowing a title shot but its better off for boxing. wlad would have easily dominated him. im just hoping to hell wlad doesn't opt to fight leapai or Ustinov now. that would really piss me off. he needs to fight pulev

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          feel kinda bad for boytsov blowing a title shot but its better off for boxing. wlad would have easily dominated him. im just hoping to hell wlad doesn't opt to fight leapai or Ustinov now. that would really piss me off. he needs to fight pulev
          i'd be really disappointed if he doesn't fight pulev. he deserves it & has done everything he can. if wlad don't fight him he should vacate the IBF belt or they should strip him. no more pianetas, mormecks or wach's. leapai will be in the top 5 so don't count out leapai as wlad's next opponent. lol! I called this after Cameron beat barrett then vacated to drop down to CW to fight green. leapai stepped right in to those vacant WBO regional titles & wallah! an upset win & he's in the picture...

Comment

i'd be really disappointed if he doesn't fight pulev. he deserves it & has done everything he can. if wlad don't fight him he should vacate the IBF belt or they should strip him. no more pianetas, mormecks or wach's. leapai will be in the top 5 so don't count out leapai as wlad's next opponent. lol! I called this after Cameron beat barrett then vacated to drop down to CW to fight green. leapai stepped right in to those vacant WBO regional titles & wallah! an upset win & he's in the picture...
            yea,,,I gave wlad a break when he chose mormeck and pianetta becuz most of the better fighters were either between fights or turned down offers. there's no excuse this time. if he doesn't fight pulev next im going to be very disappointed

Comment

Just goes to show that an undefeated record and a high KO ratio isn't everything in boxing.

I though Boytsov would dominate, but not so. IMO Chisora would beat the Boytsov we saw last night.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                Just goes to show that an undefeated record and a high KO ratio isn't everything in boxing.

I though Boytsov would dominate, but not so. IMO Chisora would beat the Boytsov we saw last night.
                boytsov has 33 wins & none are above C level. dom guinn, maddalone, gavern are his best & leapai is at the same journeyman level. boytsov had a padded record as many of us pointed out throughout the years.

Comment

boytsov has 33 wins & none are above C level. dom guinn, maddalone, gavern are his best & leapai is at the same journeyman level. boytsov had a padded record as many of us pointed out throughout the years.
                  yea,,,,Ive always said his record was padded and that he wasn't a big puncher like his kayo record would make you think. I also agree with the other poster that chisora would have beaten him. records can be so misleading

Comment

Working...
                  X