• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN PLUS becomes the exclusive provider of UFC PPV's

A lot of fans upset over this

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      A lot of fans upset over this
      ESPN is really pushing that app. Combat sports fans are accustomed to paying for content so boxing and UFC on the app is a natural fit.

I'm wondering about commercial establishments like Buffalo Wild Wings. They couldn't carry the last PPV because Direct TV didn't have it.

Comment

Wow, TR is bound to indirectly benefit from this. Very interesting development.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          So I pay 79.99 and I get only that one ppv and espn+ for a year? Or do I get to watch more ppvs?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Wow, TR is bound to indirectly benefit from this. Very interesting development.
            some cross promoting maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              ESPN is really pushing that app. Combat sports fans are accustomed to paying for content so boxing and UFC on the app is a natural fit.

I'm wondering about commercial establishments like Buffalo Wild Wings. They couldn't carry the last PPV because Direct TV didn't have it.
              The problem is, and why even many WWE fans still buy their PPVs through traditional methods, if because some people either don't have strong internet connections or can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                The problem is, and why even many WWE fans still buy their PPVs through traditional methods, if because some people either don't have strong internet connections or can't afford it.
                Oh yea I know. I don't think combat fans realize how much of a hassle it is to go thru the trouble of downloading an app, putting information in, setting up the app to stream to your tv, ect for the average casual fan. Combat fans have been streaming for years so we think it's normal. But to the average person it's a hassle. They just want to turn on the tv and order the PPV. Once these apps become standard on tv's, like netflix, where you turn on your tv and press a button, is when they'll have the most success. Ease of access.

Comment

This is good for boxing tho

Alot of those UFC fans will hopefully also tune in to the boxing shows on ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    This is good for boxing tho

Alot of those UFC fans will hopefully also tune in to the boxing shows on ESPN+
                    Not likely. I havent watched one or a single Bellator on DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                    X