No announcement yet.

Muay Thai gloves and boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muay Thai gloves and boxing

I know this has been beaten to death. I've personally done a lot of research and these boards have been extremely helpful. I've just recently started training Muay Thai and have been using a friends old beat up boxing gloves. I've decided I'm going to stick with the sport and get my own. Among my peers at the gym, there is a wide variation of gloves in use. What I can't decide between is bag gloves and 'normal' (i.e. 10oz-16oz gloves). I'm leaning toward bag gloves as I won't be sparring for at least 6 months, and when I start sparring I'm ok with buying another pair of gloves.Right now in class we mostly do pad work. I'm also leaning toward bag gloves as they seem to be closer to real life, and I don't really plan on fighting professionally - this is mostly for self defense. I chose Fairtex because from my research I've found they are tighter and I have small hands, also they have great wrist support. I've narrowed it down to the below gloves. FWIW as of right now I'm leaning mostly toward the cross trainer gloves. Please help!
    Last edited by Arock005; 01-13-2019, 11:15 AM.

more than enough. And get 16oz. 100$ should last you 3-4 years if you’ll train your ass off

Comment

i use MTG pro gloves for bags, it took a while to get used to the thumb positioning but on my second pair now, love them, great quality for the price

Comment

My leather everlast gloves 16 oz, that I bought in 2018 are still in a good condition. But I was very lucky that they fit me very well from the first time and I feel really comfortable boxing with them. But it is not an easy job to choose the right boxing gloves. I suggest you read some articles on the Muay Thai Info blog. They have much useful information for beginners and experienced people.
        Last edited by DennisMay; 12-14-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X