Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Wilder fans justify Wilder rejecting $12.5 million offer from AJ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
    Why do Wilder fans justify Wilder rejecting $12.5 million offer from AJ's team?
    same reasons why it was dumb for pac-floyd
    same reason why it was dumb for ggg-clenelo

its just dumb especially a fight of this magnitude and importance

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Joshua already makes top notch boxIng star money, no matter who he fights.

Wilder can't make that money without Joshua.

Wilder has no negotiation pull here. If he doesn't fight Joshua for 12.5 he will be back to making 2 mill fight No someone else who may beat him. His win vs Ortiz was great, but let's not act like he wasn't flirting with a L there. He's not going to risk losing 12.5 to potentially lose a fight for 2 mill.
      That makes no business sense. Clearly, Wilder brings more financial value than someone like Parker, or Povetkin. So, your first line is just false.
      Don't forget, Hearn is also looking at losing a lot of potential profit here. Wilder's team knows that offers like that are simply posturing meant to impress the fans. They will go after a better figure just like Pac and Golovkin did.

This "he only makes 2 mill so that's all he should expect" is such a working Joe mentality. If Parker is worth 30%, how on earth is the biggest fight in boxing not worth giving Wilder something comparable or greater? Flat offers are a bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        That makes no business sense. Clearly, Wilder brings more financial value than someone like Parker, or Povetkin. So, your first line is just false.
        Don't forget, Hearn is also looking at losing a lot of potential profit here. Wilder's team knows that offers like that are simply posturing meant to impress the fans. They will go after a better figure just like Pac and Golovkin did.

This "he only makes 2 mill so that's all he should expect" is such a working Joe mentality. If Parker is worth 30%, how on earth is the biggest fight in boxing not worth giving Wilder something comparable or greater? Flat offers are a bluff.
        Didn't realize Parker got 30%, that's surprising.

If that's the case than I'll agree wilder deserves more.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Didn't realize Parker got 30%, that's surprising.

If that's the case than I'll agree wilder deserves more.
          Joshua has 4 belts .

30% of what ? Wilder is getting OVER double Parker did .

Percentages dont out weigh TOTAL gross of what one is offered .

Why should Joshua make a miniscule amout more and Wilder make 5x more when hes not even the draw ?

We know hes not bc he averages 1.5 Million .

Like ive already posted on here his dumbed down fanbase isnt going to be able to spin him fighting the same guys they called bums when Joshua fought them.

And thats exactly whats going to happen if Wilder ducks Joshua . lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Well said.
            Who are you and what have you done with Raggamuffin?

:P

Comment

I am not a Wilder fan and I would root for AJ to win if they ever fought. I know what is obvious and that is a 12'5 million flat fee is a joke of an offer that AJ knew wouldn't be accepted. GGG and Pacquiao both turned down lowball flat fee offers from Canelo and Mayweather and got percentage deals that made them much more money. We all know AJ is the A side and deserves more money. Wilder is still half the reason this is a big fight. Wilder is a champion who would be coming to hostile territory. He deserves fair pay. Nobody knows exactly how much this fight will make but everybody knows it will make huge money. Wait until all the numbers are in after this fight and let A side AJ take 65% of the money available to pay the boxers and give Wilder the smaller 35%. Wilder will then make a hell of a lot more than 12.5 million bucks.

Comment

To be honest, as a neutral, a lot hinges on Deontay Wilder's team's comeback for me. And they're taking their damn time. Anything over a demand for $20 million guarentee and you have to question how serious they are. Eddie Hearn, despite all his faults, is a straight-talking man. Meanwhile on the US side it seems a lot of cloak and dagger stuff, a bunch of headless chickens trying to protect their investment. Seems Wilder himself is fed false information by his team.

Comment

The pot in the Klitschko vs Joshua was only $30 mil.
                  And Klitsch was 10x bigger than this Wilder guy.
                  The pot was split in half.
                  Klitsch wasn't even begging for the fight.
                  He was pursued by Hearn.
                  This Wilder guy was begging.
                  Yet $12.5 mil is still not enough for him.
                  Kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    That makes no business sense. Clearly, Wilder brings more financial value than someone like Parker, or Povetkin.
                    I'm not sure that's as clear cut as you imply.

First off, he's undoubtedly a bigger risk. I think AJ beats him 7 times out of 10 but only an idiot wouldn't recognise the guy can hit as hard as a mule. He gets lucky and the wheels are off the wagon.

Second, sure he brings more commercially than Parker, but if he wants a correspondingly bigger share then the increase to AJ is small. He could even wind up better financially getting a bigger share from a smaller take.

Well its more like 'he only makes 2 mill so 5 times that is all he should expect but leaving that aside, it's surely relevant what each fighter is paid, simply because it establishes their respective value in the marketplace.

Saying all of that I think that Hearn will concede the principle of a share, he's just signalling that it will be at a lower rate than Wilder wants.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      same reason pacquiao fans justified him turning down a $40 million dollar flat fee.

same reason ggg fans justified him turning down a $10 million dollar flat fee.

flat fees dont make sense when it comes to the biggest fight boxing has to offer. it's simple. it's all about percentages.

But if I was wilder i would take that 12 million, but only if it comes without a rematch clause. I would knock AJ the f**k out and never give him a rematch.

I bet Hearn won't do that deal tho
                      The issue with that comparison is that Floyd and Manny splitting $100m 60/40 Mayweather actually made sense when offered (Oscar and Floyd split $80m on their fight). Even in the Golovkin situation, no one really expected Alvarez and Golovkin to split $40m (assuming a 70/30 Alvarez split).

At £9m to Wilder, the only such a split would make any sense on the assumed take from a Wembley fight would be with Joshua taking maybe 70%-75% of the pot.

Flat fees make sense when they accurately reflect the believed take.

Comment

Working...
                      X