Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole: Golden Boy pulled out Spike from GGG fight, didnt want to pi.. off Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Iole: Golden Boy pulled out Spike from GGG fight, didnt want to pi.. off Canelo

Just what I expected.

Golden Boy "advised" Spike to pull out of the GGG fight, they didnt want to feed their own fighter to GGG or help GGG at all after Canelo pulled out of the fight due to the failed drug tests and the looming suspension.

They want to keep Spike in case Canelo needs a tune up later this year and rather want to see GGG without an opponent on Cinco de Majo and have him stay inactive as Canelo.

You do realize he is speculating right?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      It just requires some common sense. Spike fights on May 4th, has been all over social media saying he was ready to step in and suddenly he is gone quiet and pulls out, releases a weird statement praising Golden Boy?

Golden Boy controls Spike, he is under GBs contract.

Comment

Why they block this fight? Oscar could make some extra dollar to pay for his hookers.

Comment

A few days ago Fat Dan said it wouldn't be Spike because GGG was unwilling to give a payday to a GBP fighter. These guys are likely just guessing.

Comment

My first thought when I heard his name mentioned is that GB wouldn't want to participate. It's in their best interest if GGG scraps the May date all together.

If some last-minute nobody throws a lucky punch and knocks him out, Canelo misses out on a lot of money.

Comment

Whatever the reason was that he pulled out.. good. That fight was ass juice anyway.

Comment

Piss off Canelo? Actually, I think they want to save Spike for Canelo. Rumors from months ago had Canelo fighting Spike in September, win or lose against GGG.

Comment

Nonsense opinion, IMO. Spike didn't want to take an L for the little money they were offering.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Not hard to imagine when Spike was all over social media saying he wanted the fight then all of a sudden he's fighting the day before instead for only what I can imagine is WAY less money.

Comment

Working...
                    X