No announcement yet.

Canelo and The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I was just reading that in 2012 the ring added 7 ways a fighter can lose The Ring title. The final one is if the champion tests positive for a banned substance.

And there’s the part that’s interesting to me. Ring is owned by Golden Boy now, and Canelo fights for Golden Boy. Is this a coincidence? Will he be stripped of his ring belt? Or is this favouritism by Golden Boy hoping nobody realizes that rule is in place?

Comment

Why does any promoter need to own it?
      He bought it when it was not doing well.I go back before internet when you NEEDED mags to follow sport.I admit I have always loved THE RING but it was a bummer when Oscar bought it because I knew what people would say.And I was worried it would turn into GB rag.But have seen NO sign YET of that.OBV if they don't strip Canelo then its the death of it as far as being a LEGIT news source/ratings.I hope that's not case because its kinda a boxing treasure that's gonna be 100yrs old soon.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        He bought it when it was not doing well.I go back before internet when you NEEDED mags to follow sport.I admit I have always loved THE RING but it was a bummer when Oscar bought it because I knew what people would say.And I was worried it would turn into GB rag.But have seen NO sign YET of that.OBV if they don't strip Canelo then its the death of it as far as being a LEGIT news source/ratings.I hope that's not case because its kinda a boxing treasure that's gonna be 100yrs old soon.
        Other than a few things in the rankings, I haven’t noticed any real favouritism either. But there was a large group who left the magazine after Oscar bought it.

Comment

I still like the ring too, but I’d be lying to myself if I said I held it to the same esteem I used to.
          I'm holding out hope yet but I REALLY don't like doug fisher he has no honor and has CLEAR favs.But up until now I have yet to see one time where they favored a GB fighter.And I look because I have collected them since 84 and it would suck to see it become a GB rag.

Comment

I'm holding out hope yet but I REALLY don't like doug fisher he has no honor and has CLEAR favs.But up until now I have yet to see one time where they favored a GB fighter.And I look because I have collected them since 84 and it would suck to see it become a GB rag.
            Agreed. There’s a reason I still get the physical copy instead of the digital subscription

I don’t understand why they’re waiting for a hearing though. The rule says if a champion tests positive.

Did Canelo test positive for a PED? It’s a yes or no question lol

Comment

Other than a few things in the rankings, I haven’t noticed any real favouritism either. But there was a large group who left the magazine after Oscar bought it.
              Yea a lot of good people(nigel Collins).I wish they would bring Farhood back the mag was best when he was editor imo.

Comment

Agreed. There’s a reason I still get the physical copy instead of the digital subscription

I don’t understand why they’re waiting for a hearing though. The rule says if a champion tests positive.

Did Canelo test positive for a PED? It’s a yes or no question lol
                True but I think they have always waited until hearing or b sample tested.Now in this case Canelo is not asking for B sample tested so I think it will be after hearing.I just hope they do right thing after the 18th.

Comment

Nah. Theyll keep playing the food contamination thing and do nothing imo

Comment

They stripped Nery. Why wouldn't they strip Canelo?

Comment

True but I think they have always waited until hearing or b sample tested.Now in this case Canelo is not asking for B sample tested so I think it will be after hearing.I just hope they do right thing after the 18th.
                      Canelo already failed the b sample

Comment

Working...
                      X