5 better active resumes than GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    Canelo, Pacquiao, Danny Garcia, Roman Gonzales, and Nonito Donaire. Easy
    Danny Garcia also should be on the short list of 5 fighters of the last 10 years with a chin made out of solid steel.

Comment

outside of maybe 4 no active fighters have good resumes or anything to brag about, pac man, canelo, danny garcias is pretty good, and a few more...

Comment

Joshua canelo dillian whyte uyskr khan pacquaio danny garcia shaun porter

Comment

GGG's best is lemieux then a number one contender twice.

anyone with more than that, simple. Any one who won a title and defended it against more than 2 top contenders.

Comment

Dillian Whyte?

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
            Joshua canelo dillian whyte uyskr khan pacquaio danny garcia shaun porter

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              Dillian Whyte?
              the brits are dedicated fans bro, even when it makes zero sense, give them a pass they need it after the way 2019 has went

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                Are we talking ''wins'' or just ''fights'' ?
                Pac's wins at WW have been vs mostly mediocre opposition. Prior to, it's ''decent''.

I will have to get back to you on these young guys resumes.
                Well personally when I am talking resume I am looking at what guys did, in my eyes, vs their opponents...obviously there is some subjectivity coming into play there...based on my opinion of the opponent at that time, my opinion of how the one guy did in the fight, etc.

But even if you are just giving credit for official wins...I think you obviously still have to factor in a lot of stuff too...such as what version of that guy did you beat etc...I have never really followed Pac's career too closely...but I would assume he has the most quality wins of any active fighter, and also the most high quality wins of any active fighter.

Obviously in his last few years he is not piling up a lot of great wins, but he probably stockpiled a lot of those early on...Margarito Cotto etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  GGG's best is lemieux then a number one contender twice.

anyone with more than that, simple. Any one who won a title and defended it against more than 2 top contenders.
                  I would say Lemieux, SD, Jacobs and Murray are all right there for his best official win...I don't really follow your second comment, but thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    outside of maybe 4 no active fighters have good resumes or anything to brag about, pac man, canelo, danny garcias is pretty good, and a few more...
                    Thanks...yeah I just really don't see the angle that DSG has even close to as good of an official resume as GGG at this point.

DSG has Matthyse and Khan...GGG has SD, Jacobs, Murray and Lemieux...and imo pretty clearly quite a few more quality wins than DSG with wins over Monroe, Brook, Geale, Ouma etc...so yeah I just don't really see how DSG can put over GGG on that one.

Obviously Pac would be up there...I don't really see where Nelo's is far and above GGG"s to be honest...I listed their best official wins.

For Nelo...as one of his fans said earlier...he has:
                    GGG
                    Jacobs
                    Kov
                    Cotto
                    Lara
                    Trout
                    Smith

He gave GGG:
                    Jacobs
                    SD
                    Murray
                    Macklin

Why he gave Macklin idk lol...I would say have to add Lemieux there...and probably Monroe Geale Brook too etc...I don't really see the big difference in those lists...especially considering you have to discount a couple of Canelo's a bit...like Kov and Cotto.

And that's not even taking into account the performance in those fights which would heavily favor GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      Obviously pacquiao

Canelo beat undefeated trout, 1 loss Lara when the whole world was ducking Lara. Canelo promoter didn't even want him fighting Lara, and he beat GGG. Also Khan who is a better name than brook whom Golovkin beat. So Canelo is clearly ahead of the.

Danny Garcia beat Khan at his peak, matthysse at his peak. Lost razor thin fights against Thurman and porter

Lomachencko beat a undefeated russell jr, p4p rigo, Walters, Linares. I rank his resume better than gennady.

Porter has fought everybody at 147. Thurman, spence, Danny, brook, Broner, get to. He is 3-3 in those fights but the ones he lost were by 1 round. GGG resume don't got those kind of names

Vanes, adama, Macklin, lemiuex, monroe, osado proska, geale, Rubio, rolls. None of those names matter. Canelo, Jacobs, brook, Derevychencko those are the only names that matter on Golovkin resume.

I said all that to say, GGG resume is average at best. And the last 3 years made it average. Before that it was pretty bad
                      Lol hold on though...if we are giving credit for close losses on resumes...why would you give DSG and Porter credit for close losses but not GGG for a draw and an official close loss to Canelo, who many have pfp #1 lol...just makes 0 sense man lol.

If you don't have Murray or Lemieux on GGG's list...I mean what are we even doing here lol...and yeah a lot of those other guys on GGG's list are good wins imo...most guys have a slip up when they face about 5 guys like that...and GGG never had one in about 15 fights...I think that is noteworthy...if you don't want to credit GGG for those wins that's fine...but you better kill fighters when they lose to guys like that...and that will keep you busy.

And not that it really matters but I would say Brook was a considerably better win than Khan...just different fighters at that point in their careers...but it's kind of irrelevant since Canelo and GGG's resumes don't really hinge on those fights.
                      Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-15-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X