No announcement yet.

GGG is so overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slicc View Post
    You're calling 2x Olympic gold medalist, 3 weight and 4x world champion a fraud. It's not like he has a Broner resume either. He's actually beaten decent opposition, especially considering his fight count. Rigo moved up, so he wasn't weight drained. Besides, Loma beat Russell Jr, a top 5 featherweight. He also moved up and knocked out Linares, who was ranked #1, 3 weight divisions above his starting point.
    Orlando Salido...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Orlando Salido...
      Yes, we all know Loma lost to Lawrence Cole. That one loss doesn't take away all that he's done before or after the match.

Comment

Glen Johnson has the W over Antonio Tarver.

Exactly WHO has Bumlovkin ever beaten?
        A not in shape, Tarver, who got robbed.

Comment

Orlando Salido...
          Clinton Mitchell

Comment

Here's the deal - we could have seen Golovkin face better opposition in his prime. The Ward fight was there for him, however, Team Triple Duck weren't interested despite the whole 154-168 claim.

We can only judge a fighters H2H ability against the opposition he's actually faced in the ring. I don't buy into this whole notion of judging a fighter H2H based on fantasy fights. Sure, Andrade and Charlo can look the part - and we can want to see them fight the best available opposition based on how they've looked fighting C level fighters - but at the end of the day it's all about who you've beaten and how you won. Unfortunately, Golovkin only has two names on his resume - winning a close controversial decision over Jacobs, getting a controversial draw with Alvarez and losing what I consider to be a very fair decision to Alvarez. I think this is the reason why we never saw Golovkin fighting the A class fighters when he was closer to his prime. Had he done so then this fraud would have been exposed a long time ago. They were smart to duck Andre Ward and the brutal KO loss that was sure to come out of that contest...
            Yeah. Maybe. I'm not quite sure which 'A' class fighters you're referring to - there's only Ward really and there was a legitimate financial reason to stay at 160 since he was already mandated to fight Canelo/Cotto at the only time the Ward fight was on the table. Basically you're doing the same thing here as those you criticise - making assumptions about the reasons fights didn't happen and judgements about their outcomes.

Anyway - you consider the guy a fraud I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you.. dude was built up by HBO beyond what he actually achieved for sure, but then what else they gonna do? Some would say that's their damn job. I gotta wonder whether you gonna apply the same level of cynicism to every other fighter. Is everyone who doesn't put aside the best financial option for themselves to fight someone both bigger and widely considered a better boxer to be considered a fraud?

Tell you what - why not play devil's advocate - how would you have run Golovkin's career if you'd been his promoter / manger? Dude's clearly not a bad fighter however much of a fraud you consider him. How would you have done things different to both maximise his income and have him leave the sport with most of his faculties intact?
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-14-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Yeah. Maybe. I'm not quite sure which 'A' class fighters you're referring to - there's only Ward really and there was a legitimate financial reason to stay at 160 since he was already mandated to fight Canelo/Cotto at the only time the Ward fight was on the table. Basically you're doing the same thing here as those you criticise - making assumptions about the reasons fights didn't happen and judgements about their outcomes.

Anyway - you consider the guy a fraud I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you.. dude was built up by HBO beyond what he actually achieved for sure, but then what else they gonna do? Some would say that's their damn job. I gotta wonder whether you gonna apply the same level of cynicism to every other fighter. Is everyone who doesn't put aside the best financial option for themselves to fight someone both bigger and widely considered a better boxer to be considered a fraud?
              Considering all the hype Golovkin has received, his resume doesn't justify it. So, in that regard, I consider him a fraud. A Good fighter? Sure. One of the greats or HOF worthy? Hell NO. Lets be honest here, the only noteworthy accomplishment in the whole of his career is electing to NOT fight "Mexican Style" in the Canelo rematch. As far as I'm concerned, that tells us everything we need to know about Mr. "Big Drama Show"...

Comment

Considering all the hype Golovkin has received, his resume doesn't justify it. So, in that regard, I consider him a fraud. A Good fighter? Sure. One of the greats or HOF worthy? Hell NO. Lets be honest here, the only noteworthy accomplishment in the whole of his career is electing to NOT fight "Mexican Style" in the Canelo rematch. As far as I'm concerned, that tells us everything we need to know about Mr. "Big Drama Show"...
                You got your opinion, man. As far as whether he's deserving of the HoF Ima leave that judgement to the dudes at Canastota - far as I'm concerned an objective look at a fighters' historical standing is best left to the historians of the future. Neither you nor I are really in a position to be objective at this point in time. Peace.

Comment

• Maybe, maybe not but it doesn’t say much for Canelo when he had to get gift decisions and lost against a GGG who is on the slide. Canelo even had to juice because he didn’t think he could beat him clean.

If GGG is overrated, Canelo must be the most overrated of this era.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Yeah its the kind of garbage guys like Maxi, ghostofdempsey, jubei and chrisjs, among others, always try to float. Mods never do anything about ti and its sad.

Anytime a poster brings up the paucity of GGG's resume, or Loma losing to Salido, they decide the poster has to be Mexican or black. Just insanely racist.
                    Dude, just be real. The target for people like Maxi is Black people. He straight up told you that. You don't have to throw in Mexicans to look objective. He's not talking about Mexicans. That's just being fake.

Comment

Working...
                    X