Collapse
No announcement yet.

some of you are selling Broner short, I wouldnt be surprised if he beat Mikey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some of you are selling Broner short, I wouldnt be surprised if he beat Mikey

EVeryone knows mikey is one of my favorite fighters today

i think he made a calculated risk but may have picked off more than he can chew

Broner has only lost to larger, swarmers....not smaller, technical boxers who fight at a deliberate pace

Broner is bigger, stronger, hits harder, has faster hands and a great chin

I saw no picking Broner to win...not one when i scrolled through the forum....why? do some of you really want to see him lose that bad that you are not realistic about his talent

i dont let personality traits or out of ring things blind my judgement of talent

This wont be a cake walk for either fighter but many are selling broner short or simply want to see him KTFO

Nah, not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
      Nah, not really.
      If you wipe your mouth and actually visited threads that didnt have the only 2-3 fighters you follow, you'd know this

ive made many threads, appreciations and shots out to mikey...always thought highly of him......get the jizz out your eye fam

I hardly ever speak on Broner, if at all....he is simply a waste of talent to me. Also the levels of hate for the guy are comedic.....its like the posters who wanted to see mayweather lose got a replacement...splenda in the place of sugar ..pretty pathetic and its the same posters

Comment

Broner could win. Hes bigger and he hits hard enough to drop mikey who's been dropped before. My issue here is will Beoner make 140. I don't think Mikey should accept 1 pound ocer 140. He will be the smaller guy in there vs a fast handed guy.

I expect Garcia to win but can't count Broner off, even though I hate the guy lol

Comment

I actually find it awkward, the predictions. "Broner getting KO'ed", "Broner getting destroyed!".

People don't realize that Broner can punch and take a punch at 147, and Mikey can punch and recovers well from hard punches at 130-135 but Broner never really had to recover from anything in those weights. Broner's recoverability really showed in the Maidana fight.

Mikey Garcia is a great fighter, a top 10 P4P fighter but there's weight classes for a reason. I've seen Mikey get put on his ass by Martinez, and I saw Burgos hurt him good. Broner is more power than those two.

I think it will be a good fight and it will be more competitive than people think. Mikey's best positive here is that it's only 140lbs, 5lbs above the weight class he's in. If it was at 147lbs that would've been more of an issue, but at 140 Broner is still dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

i think he made a calculated risk but may have picked off more than he can chew

Broner has only lost to larger, swarmers....not smaller, technical boxers who fight at a deliberate pace

Broner is bigger, stronger, hits harder, has faster hands and a great chin

I saw no picking Broner to win...not one when i scrolled through the forum....why? do some of you really want to see him lose that bad that you are not realistic about his talent

i dont let personality traits or out of ring things blind my judgement of talent

This wont be a cake walk for either fighter but many are selling broner short or simply want to see him KTFO
            Not sure if broner hits harder, Mikeys power is unreal. Sparring partners have been quotes as saying he actually hits harder than canelo.

Probably because his timing is so good.

Brandon Rios is also on record as saying the hardest he has ever been hit has been by Mikey Garcia

Then there is the fact that Broner's entire camp is probably going to revolve around making 140lb.
            Last edited by !! Shawn; 06-06-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

If Broner beats Garcia. It's going to seriously boost Broner's profile HiGH! Which would mean Broner has to perhaps stay 140. And the only fight even after that should be Crawford. Those are two HUGE opportunities where Broner has to be on his A Game and would easily put Broner in top 5 p4p. The awkwardness would be to fight Thurman, Porter or Spence again at 147 where he would most likely lose. But, beating Crawford, who knows maybe Arum folds and chances out on Broner vs Pacquiao. I always wanted Broner vs Berto!

Comment

This is boxing *said in GGG voice* I wouldn't be surprised by most things that happen in boxing.

But logically I see a wayyyyyyyyyyyy better chance that Mikey comes out ahead here & the -300ish early line I saw on this fight for Mikey sounds about right & makes me wanna just avoid betting on this fight cuz its not a fight without a risk, but there isn't much to win when Mikey wins & there isn't enough upside if Broner wins.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Not sure if broner hits harder, Mikeys power is unreal. Sparring partners have been quotes as saying he actually hits harder than canelo.

Probably because his timing is so good.
                  personally i think its more to do with timing and techinque

Broner is naturally a lil bigger, faster hands and is heavy handed too...i think broner hits harder

look at the way he slayed guys below 140....dude looked special at 135

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    If Broner beats Garcia. It's going to seriously boost Broner's profile HiGH! Which would mean Broner has to perhaps stay 140. And the only fight even after that should be Crawford. Those are two HUGE opportunities where Broner has to be on his A Game and would easily put Broner in top 5 p4p. The awkwardness would be to fight Thurman, Porter or Spence again at 147 where he would most likely lose. But, beating Crawford, who knows maybe Arum folds and chances out on Broner vs Pacquiao. I always wanted Broner vs Berto!
                    broner belongs at 135-140

what a waste...i thought we had a future great by the way he trounced DeMarco and Rees as a friggin kid.....he really let that success get to his head

he couldve cleaned house at 135 save, Bud crawford from 2012-now

Comment

Working...
                    X