Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other than genetics why are some boxers harder hitters than others?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than genetics why are some boxers harder hitters than others?

Please give specific reasons, e.g. if they have superior technique tell me in what way the technique is superior for punching power.

etc

Thanks.

Better technique = more efficient biomechanics for delivering force through the fist and greater accuracy and angle of attack. Good footwork can also ensure you're in a better position to strike with maximum force.

Weight training, if done correctly, can also improve punching power by improving speed and explosiveness (muscular contractions).

Mindset can make you want to deal more damage to your opponents and/or be more willing to go for broke.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Please give specific reasons, e.g. if they have superior technique tell me in what way the technique is superior for punching power.

etc

Thanks.
      Genetics isn't even the major reason, a lot if not most of it it down to technique and training.

Comment

You're born with power. Some men are blessed, just like some of the dongs you've measured. Some men like me have bigger dongs than others.

Comment

I've had a theory for a long time that the foundation on which a fighter builds their associated muscle groups has a great deal to do with how much power they develop. Most boxers are discouraged from "loading up" and much greater emphasis is placed on handspeed and activity - these are the basic tenants of boxing fundamentals. Look into the backstory on the guys who have heavier hands and you'll find in many cases that alot of them went against "the rules."

Comment

Nutrition also plays a huge factor. But what i don't get is those kids in third world countries like pac who barely have proper nutrition can hit very hard must be body conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              You're born with power. Some men are blessed, just like some of the dongs you've measured. Some men like me have bigger dongs than others.

Comment

core strength-Which can be very hard to measure. This is strength from the abdominal all the way down to the calf. A guy like Kovalev has heavyweight type core strength

Comment

Technique is key and proper strength training can make all the difference.

A fighter that trains to improve his rate of force development is going to greatly increase his power output. Weight classes mean you can't just increase your mass, therefore increasing the speed/acceleration of your power is going to increase your power.

As you said, some guys are genetically more powerful, but all things being equal that will make the difference.

Comment

Born with it nutrition technique training ect can all help though

Comment

Working...
                    X