No announcement yet.

Marquez overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez overrated?

Am I the only person that feel like Marquez is overrated? Why is he still on top of everyone's p4p lists. There are so many fighters at 140-147 that I'd pick to beat him. I know he's a technician and a great fighter, but because of the Pacquiao fights, he gets special treatment.

Salido, Pacquiao, Barrera and who else is relevant that Marquez beat.

I'd pick Garcia, Matthysse, Rios, Alexander, Amir Khan, L. Peterson Provonikov, Guerrero, Broner, Mosley, and Rios to beat him.

I'd pick Marquez against Berto, Soto-Karass, Kell Brook, and Thurman though.

Let me know why people rate Marquez so high.

*Disclaimer I'm not discrediting Marquez, but I think he's overrated.
    Yes
    43.02%
    No
    37.21%
    Maybe because of the Pac fights
    19.77%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by sammy2g3 View Post
    am i the only person that feel like marquez is overrated? Why is he still on top of everyone's p4p lists. There are so many fighters at 140-147 that i'd pick to beat him. I know he's a technician and a great fighter, but because of the pacquiao fights, he gets special treatment.

Salido, pacquiao, barrera and who else is relevant that marquez beat.

I'd pick garcia, matthysse, rios, alexander, amir khan, l. Peterson provonikov, guerrero, broner, mosley, and rios to beat him.

I'd pick marquez against berto, soto-karass, kell brook, and thurman though.

Let me know why people rate marquez so high.

*disclaimer i'm not discrediting marquez, but i think he's overrated.
    are you a pacquiao fan?

Comment

Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
      are you a pacquiao fan?
      I like Pacquiao, but no I don't consider myself a big fan of Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
        I like Pacquiao, but no I don't consider myself a big fan of Pac.
        only PAC******S hate JMM

Comment

Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
          only PAC******S hate Floyd
          corrected...

majority of hardcore pac fans love JMM.

Comment

well it's true his resume is actually pretty weak if you think about it and he got dropped by D level sluggers like Katsidis. His only real big accomplishments are the Pac wins because he happened to have Pac's number

Comment

Like any fighter, some overrate him and some underrate him. He's one of the best of this era. The Pac fights, Barerra fight, John fight, Diaz fights, and even his casa win was decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
                I'd pick Garcia, Matthysse, Rios, Alexander, Amir Khan, L. Peterson Provonikov, Guerrero, Broner, , and Rios to beat him
                I haven't seen the Bradley fight yet, so I'm just gonna go with the Marquez that beat Pac.

That said, I'll take JMM/Pac/Bradley to beat any of those guys.

None of them have proven to be in JMM/Pac/Bradley's league yet imo.
                Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 10-26-2013, 10:24 AM. Reason: prime mosely is in their league

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                  well it's true his resume is actually pretty weak if you think about it and he got dropped by D level sluggers like Katsidis. His only real big accomplishments are the Pac wins because he happened to have Pac's number
                  Who hasnt, floyd been dropped, hurt, lost unofficially (but everyone knows it true).

What his lets say the next top fighters big accomplisment in this era?

Floyd - Oscar SD

Pacquaio = EM 1-2

so I say they all pretty even.

None of them have that O shit he the real deal fight on their resume.

Comment

take into acount that hes been kicking ass ell past his prime a well over his best weight 126-130. no overated ATG

Comment

Working...
                    X