Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin has a message for GGG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some dude was trolling kid chocolate the other day about him duking ggg and peter got well upset calling him hater etc.

When questioned about legacy and fighting the best 'ggg' he ended up saying he fights to feed his family and not for legacy. blatant duck imo

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      I'm a big Quillin fan too that's why I can look at this fight impartially. There is no way in hell Quillin would tear up Golvokin like Sergio did to Julio's bum ass. Styles make fights. Obviously Sergio is a boxer that uses a lot of movement, Julio is a walking forward punching bag. Quillin isn't a boxer like that. This fight would meet in the center of the ring and would continue that way until someone gives. It would be a pretty brutal fight.

Now when we look at skills vs skills, imo it's pretty clear that Golovkin is a more skillful fighter than Quillin. His fundamentals are better. But Quillin is near equal if not equal in power to Golovkin.
      You think Peter has equal power to GGG? You must be kidding right? GGG hits hard with EVERY shot, he doesnt even seem to put much behind it and people go down.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
        Some dude was trolling kid chocolate the other day about him duking ggg and peter got well upset calling him hater etc.

When questioned about legacy and fighting the best 'ggg' he ended up saying he fights to feed his family and not for legacy. blatant duck imo
        I think Peter isn't scared to fight Golovkin or anything like that. But I also think Fighters get caught in tough situations because they already know what their manager/promoters have laid out for them and they get caught in these tricky situations where they can't really speak the truth. Like with Peter, it's pretty clear Al Haymon obviously has Guerrero next, and then Rubio. Most fighters are going to simply trust what their managers are going to do. So Peter can't really say sht at this point that can defend these two upcoming fights while not taking a fight against Golovkin.

Comment

You think Peter has equal power to GGG? You must be kidding right? GGG hits hard with EVERY shot, he doesnt even seem to put much behind it and people go down.
          GGG couldn't Drop Rosado who's been down more than once before and had 6 losses
          Quillin Dropped Hassan 6 times who went down once and was undefeated

Comment

As crazy as it may seem I don't think Golovkin hits that much harder than Quillin. Both are big punchers. The difference, like you said, is that pretty much all of Golovkin's shots hurt. Quillin is more selective in his punches and thus throws less "hard" punches in a round. But as far as power vs power, it's pretty close (I'd give the edge to GGG but not by a whole lot).

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              GGG couldn't Drop Rosado who's been down more than once before and had 6 losses
              Quillin Dropped Hassan 6 times who went down once and was undefeated
              Golovkin did stop Rosado though, so keep that in mind. That surely prevented a KO.

Comment

Just cause he hits hard with EVERY shot doesn't mean he hits harder. That just means he sits down for all his punches and that itself has its downfall.

Comment

Peter has the skills to make it a fan friendly fight. But buisness always ruins the fan fun . GGG has his radar set higher IMO as well

Comment

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
                    No reason why Golo can't fight on Showtime. He's fighting on some obscure network in 2 weeks.

War GGG!!!!!

he's getting a huge push from HBO. i'd be shocked if that were to happen, especially in the light of the GBP exodus.

if you aren't a big ticket seller then HBO is the main source of the money being paid to whoever promotes you (the funds with which you are paid.)

Comment

In terms of power Quillen changes speed on his punches more often but when he does fire heavy lumber he'll load up on those shots.

Whereas Golovkin just punches hard with every shot but it's in a more natural flow.

Anyway who punches harder isn't the Major question. Who takes it better is.

To be determined...... ???

Comment

Working...
                      X