No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa's Team Claim Issues With Promotional Pacts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa's Team Claim Issues With Promotional Pacts

At the moment, former champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (21-0, 16KOs) has no intention of moving forward with a scheduled fight against Brandon Rios (29-0, 22KOs), according to the Cuban boxer's attorney, Sekou Gary. On Monday, Top Rank held a press conference in Miami to officially announce Gamboa-Rios for April 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Rios was present, but Gamboa no-showed the presser and he doesn't plan to attend the second leg of the press conference, which takes place later today in Los Angeles.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nobody cares. You called Rios out, now you don't want to show up? You're not famous enough to pull this shlt.

Comment

Then why did he push for this fight if he had problems with his promoters all along? What changed? He can't claim now that he never wanted the fight or anything.

Comment

“I’m very happy with what was agreed to, and it’s a great opportunity,” said Gamboa. “I want to show that I am a special fighter. This is the perfect test. It was important to get the big fights and be properly compensated. The deal that was made was very fair.”

Comment

Oh shaaat aaap!! You scared poosy!!! You are a coward and chicken. A disgrace to the sport.

Comment

Maybe something happened when the contract came through. Maybe the contract wasnt what was agreed to.

Comment

Gamboa is a pulling a Povetkin (vs Wlad) and Mayorga (vs Angulo) combined. He is the dominant p4p ducker.

Comment

very disappointed in Gamboa

Comment

WOW is all I can say for now. I will reserve my judgement until this plays out some more. Everything will never be public knowledge but I will go off of what is released and go from there. For now good luck to Gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
                    “I’m very happy with what was agreed to, and it’s a great opportunity,” said Gamboa. “I want to show that I am a special fighter. This is the perfect test. It was important to get the big fights and be properly compensated. The deal that was made was very fair.”
                    Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                    Gamboa is a pulling a Povetkin (vs Wlad) and Mayorga (vs Angulo) combined. He is the dominant p4p ducker.
                    damn gamboa is a b1tch straight up. So much for the "cyclone of Guantanamo" b1tch is a shame to Cuba and it's rich boxing history.

Comment

Working...
                    X