Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the racist? - Discussion I had on Facebook!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Who's the racist? - Discussion I had on Facebook!

Edited the names for privacy reasons. Was I in the wrong here?

Black Girl -
    The English and subtle racism, God please help me!

White Guy -
    Surely that statement is racist (or at least a stereotype) in itself...

Black Girl -
    explore the meaning of the word then comment please!

White Guy -
    Racism usually means - discriminating against person based on their culture and/or ethnicity. What do you think it means?

Black Guy -
    ‎@white guy,is it a lie??

White Guy -
    Is what a lie?

Black Guy -
    her statement

White Guy -
    Some English people are racist, just as some Japanese people are racist, just as some Zimbabweans are racist. 'The English' implies all English people are racist, which they are certainly not.

Black Guy -
    u are mighty defensive there white guy,makes me wonder
    its a fact most english are racist and yes its a general statement.
    i suppose u think Mugabe is racist ??i suppose if you are black looking for whats due to you,u are deemed racist.

White Guy -
    I think you're the one who is defensive. And I don't know if Mugabe is a racist or not, although he has turned a potentially great nation into an impoverished hell hole, which I deem the greater crime. What are black people due exactly...apart from respect, equal rights, and fair opportunity?

Black Guy -
    exactly and they aint getting any respect coz of yo government's policies and individuals,who are racist.
    im not surprised u think mugabe messed up zimbabwe,u are mis-informed,hence u are so quick to be defensive when some1 says the brits are racist.
    read a bit about mugabe and the Lancaster agreement.

Black Guy
    u so called liberals think you understand the black condition just coz you got 3 black friend
    "im not racist ,i got 3 black friends" so says white guy

White Guy -
    I'm a conservative and I have no close black friends...

But I'm sad you feel that way about the British public; most of whom are decent and tolerant people. You could learn a thing or two.

Black Guy -
    it was obvious from the start that u was a conservative.u are so proud of it too.
    what are your views on immigration??
    i dont think its fair on you to judge black girl on her statement if u have neva been exposed to black people-what they go through.

tolerant??is that the best u can say about the british??lol
    decent?in what way?can u vouch for 'most' brits??
    when u went colonising in africa ,u were welcomed not tolerated.ponder on that.
    perhaps,u can use those words on how they perceive 'you' personally.

i find u a bit condescending when u say i could learn sumtin.
    let me break it down tim,everyday its the same racist scenarios-work place ,public,etc.
    i cant blame u,u dont know.

White Guy -
    I believe that skilled workers should be welcomed to this country, although we need to set a cap on total immigration as this country is over populated as it is.

I also believe that most 'Brits' are decent, welcoming, and kind hearted people, yes. To be honest I didn't go 'colonising' in Africa, but you're welcome to stand beside the gravesides of the people that did and direct your questions there. I'm sure Henry Bartle Frere would enjoy the company.

And I agree with you, everyday life probably is a little bit harder being black, than it is white. But hey, that's how it is. You can spend your life moaning and hating white people, or organise politically and protest through official channels. Saying that, on the whole, all races have the same opportunities in this country, it's what you do with them that counts.

This would be worth reading if you had pictures.

Comment

lol
      Let me know when you post the cliff notes version
      Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 12-16-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

you're the black girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post

Not seen that one before! Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            you're the black girl?
            I'm the white guy.

Comment

The "black guy" has got a chip on his shoulder. The "black girl" can't be over 20?
              Last edited by TheKza; 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by terrel View Post

Not seen that one before! Green k.
                i lol'd! .................

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                  The "black guy" has got a chip on his shoulder. The "black girl" is a moron. She can't be over 20.
                  She was born in Africa but emigrated to the UK when she was younger. She's 25, has 2 kids (absent father), and relies on the welfare system to provide for her family.

Comment

I'm with you, Chief. You held your corner well.

That was a generalising statement to begin with. When you make a statement like that, you prepare for some disagreement.

I'm sure everyone had the best intentions, and if you could have chatted about it in person, viewpoints would have been understood more clearly. That's the magic and the damage of online debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X