Couture is age 47 and is a shot fighter; Toney the younger man will win tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
    You have it all wrong.

James defeated those guys Batchelder and Oquendo!

Toney stopped Greer in TWO rounds, it took young world title challenger Kevin Johnson THREE rounds the year before.

And Toney DESERVED to win a TKO 3 over another world title challenger Hasim Rahman who basically quit because he was taking a beating.
    friend, I dont know whats come over you, but you are delusional. The Batchelder fight was controversial...but I didnt see it, so I cant say who deserved to win.
    but I saw the Oquendo fight, and there is NO WAY that Toney deserved to win that fight. Unless you cannot score at all, honestly, Oquendo deserved to win.

Kevin Johnson punches only slightly harder than Zuri Lawrence and has just about as much killer instinct, so Im not exactly 'impressed' with Toney stopping one of his past opponents faster than him.

The fact of the matter is that Toney looked awful in that fight, and even his defense that has been his staple was terrible...he couldnt get out of the way of anything, and was actually getting tagged a lot. luckily for him, Greer is not good.

Couture may be older, but he is WAAAAAAY more well preserved than Toney is. Toney spends more time drinking than training, based on the jaundice I can recongnise in his yellow eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
      You need to enter this into the equation: top boxers are better than top UFC fighters.

Toney is past his prime, but he was a world-class fighter for a long time. Couture was a good fighter but he's an old man. Toney will beat him.
      Yea, at Boxing, not MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        James Toney is going to put the old man's lights out tonight.

The age 47 Randy Couture has lost to Brock Lesnar and then to the past-prime Nogueira. Age has caught up with him...

Couture's body appeared very OLD at the weigh-in.

Toney is just age 41 and although he's past his prime, he's less shot than the 47 year old Couture.
        Saying Couture is over the hill because he lost to Lesnar and Nogueira is like saying the Indianopolis Colts suck a$$ because they lost to the Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          friend, I dont know whats come over you, but you are delusional. The Batchelder fight was controversial...but I didnt see it, so I cant say who deserved to win.
          but I saw the Oquendo fight, and there is NO WAY that Toney deserved to win that fight. Unless you cannot score at all, honestly, Oquendo deserved to win.

Kevin Johnson punches only slightly harder than Zuri Lawrence and has just about as much killer instinct, so Im not exactly 'impressed' with Toney stopping one of his past opponents faster than him.

The fact of the matter is that Toney looked awful in that fight, and even his defense that has been his staple was terrible...he couldnt get out of the way of anything, and was actually getting tagged a lot. luckily for him, Greer is not good.

Couture may be older, but he is WAAAAAAY more well preserved than Toney is. Toney spends more time drinking than training, based on the jaundice I can recongnise in his yellow eyes.
          I'm a Toney nuthugger but he definitely lost against Oquendo, and looked scarily awful against Greer.

The thing is....Toney is one tough SOB. And I think he thinks that this fight is gonna be like a street fight, and no way someone can take him down like that. I don't pretend to know the skills involved in MMA but I think Toney may have under-estimated this whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
            I'm a Toney nuthugger but he definitely lost against Oquendo, and looked scarily awful against Greer.

The thing is....Toney is one tough SOB. And I think he thinks that this fight is gonna be like a street fight, and no way someone can take him down like that. I don't pretend to know the skills involved in MMA but I think Toney may have under-estimated this whole thing
            I dont think he underestimated it, I just think he doesnt entirely care if he loses.

I know Ive said this a million times on this site, but its true: Toney couldnt even get televised fights in his own sport anymore...and now with this sham of a matchup that is only getting any coverage because of the stupid 'boxing vs mma' hype point of view hes in the co-main event.

Which is also ******ed. trying to sell this crappy matchup as 'boxing vs mma' is about as legitimate as calling Sylvia vs Mercer 'boxing vs mma'. both are stupid, because theres no winner between styles, just between individual fighters.

Comment

toney has been in the game for almost 25years now and has over 80 fights! couture has over 20 fights. toney is showing symptoms of brain damage while couture still seems fresh.

i hope toney pulls it out. a guy with such courage deserves success. cmon toney!

Comment

Depends how affected Toney is by the weight loss and if Couture can get him to the ground before James boxes circles around him and knocks him out.

But yeah, pushing 50 is a little old for any contact sport.

Comment

Anyone have a stream?

Comment

I hope the good Tunstable has this one right.

This may sound cruel, but I want James to smash Couture's jaw into a million smithereens tonight.

Comment

I got money ridin' on Toney! Smart money is Couture, but with those odds I'll take my chances! HE BETTER WIN!

Comment

Working...
                      X