No announcement yet.

More training or More Gear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More training or More Gear?

I've got £150 to splash, Now trainings Monday,Wednesday,Friday, Should i go join a cardio gym where all the semi pro's go for the off days or buy a new pair of gloves?

Are you already in need of new gloves? I thought you had just gotten started with boxing only 1 month ago. I think I remember reading this a bit ago. I wouldn't waste money on new gloves already, especially if there are no problems with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flows View Post
      I've got £150 to splash, Now trainings Monday,Wednesday,Friday, Should i go join a cardio gym where all the semi pro's go for the off days or buy a new pair of gloves?
      Id say get a nice pair of running shoes.

Comment

Yeah, get a nice pair of running shoes, that would be the best bet. Then do all kinds of running, do hills and sprints and - yes - even a little jogging. Probably a lot more fun than some cardio gym - you can still bring along some training buddies for company.

Comment

yeah what do you need a gym for to train your cardio? get some decent shoes (under armour)

gyms are boring if all you do is ride the bike or run (treadmill). jogging outside is fun and its free

Comment

Spend that money and build some home made equipment and condition yourself on your "off" days. Or buy a pair of runners like everyone says. Unless your gloves are worn out, don't buy another pair like me. I have two Twins gloves for Muay Thai and I just alternate them whenever I want... its becoming a fashion show or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
              its becoming a fashion show or something.
              Haha, I always wanted a pair of yellow or white gloves when I was fighting, but when I started out most gloves were either red, blue or black, and when these fancy colors came around I was broke most of the time so I couldn't justify buying something new when I already had my Reyes gloves.

I have to admit I envy guys boxing today, though... It's embarrasing, but true: If it was me I'd get yellow, white and camouflage gloves and wear a different pair every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Flows View Post
                Length Of Rope - £2.50
                Wooden Chair (for standing on) - £9.99
                Hanging yourself for the good of this forum - Priceless

Comment

lol

Comment

get some asics shoes and do your own cardio. i'd go with gel kayano or gel nimbus

Comment

Working...
                    X