No announcement yet.

Not paying for boxing bull**** anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not paying for boxing bull**** anymore

I am never ordering another boxing PPV again. I do mean ever. And I hope more of you feel this way.

I am sick of every fight falling apart, not getting made or, if it appears made, being cancelled. I am sick of seeing farce fights that interrupt the flow of the logical, great fights. And yes, that includes Pacquiao-Clottey.

Arum gets our interest by throwing Mayweather's name around but has no intention of Pacquiao fighting him. So forget Pacquiao and Arum and their whole team. They made great fights in 2009, but when you dodge the biggest one of all, what's the point?

Then there's Pavlik, who throws around Williams' name, but when it's time to fight, he can't wait to get out of the bout. Since when does it take 6 months to treat a staph infection? You're either an irresponsible punk or you're blatantly ducking your biggest challenge. Given that Pavlik's not even fighting Williams next, I think it's obvious which.

I won't order Mayweather-Pacquiao or any other fight until I see both men in the ring waiting for round 1. You'll notice that doesn't give HBO or Top Rank or whoever much time to sell me the fight. If I'm going to purchase the PPV, I'm going to miss the first round by that point. So I'm not ordering.

But that's what it's come to. No fight is official in my book until it's happening. I want boxing to do well, but I'm tired of being jerked around. Let's stop ordering fights period until the sport gives us what we want.

We want Mayweather-Pacquiao, Mayweather-Mosley, Pacquiao-Mosley, Pavlik-Williams, Klitschko (either) vs. Haye, Lopez-Gamboa, Lopez-Caballero, Vazquez-Caballero, Marquez-Caballero, Bradley-Khan, Dawson-Hopkins.

Stop feeding us bull**** like Hopkins-Jones II, Pacquiao-Clottey, Pavlik-Martinez, Klitschko vs. Bum of the Month, Pavlik vs. Bum of the Week.

I expect HBO or Top Rank to have me assassinated within the week, so it's been real y'all. Keep fighting the good fight.

Just a stumbling block dude, I’m sure you’ll reconsider when a fight is worth the buck and it’s “official.”

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      Just a stumbling block dude, I’m sure you’ll reconsider when a fight is worth the buck and it’s “official.”
      It's never "official" though. Maybe after the weigh-in, it's a go. But that is the only time it's ever "official."

Comment

its a shame when the no.1 and no.2 don't fight. i just wish it was MANDATORY to fight people sometimes. true warriors. no ducks. everyone would really see who is the best. shame. i use to be a hardcore boxing fan but im leaning more towards ufc a lot more nowadays. and i love pac as much as a ******* but wow did he dissappoint me.

Comment

I agree to a certain extent but,

What is wrong with Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            I agree to a certain extent but,

What is wrong with Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez?
            My thoughts exactly, If it goes through, i think Sergio goona tax that ass!!!

Comment

I don't buy PPV's period...

Comment

Pavlik-Williams or Pavlik-Martinez?

Is that seriously a question? I thought this was a boxing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  We want Mayweather-Pacquiao, Mayweather-Mosley, Pacquiao-Mosley, Pavlik-Williams, Klitschko (either) vs. Haye, Lopez-Gamboa, Lopez-Caballero, Vazquez-Caballero, Marquez-Caballero, Bradley-Khan, Dawson-Hopkins.

Stop feeding us bull**** like Hopkins-Jones II, Pacquiao-Clottey, Pavlik-Martinez, Klitschko vs. Bum of the Month, Pavlik vs. Bum of the Week.

I expect HBO or Top Rank to have me assassinated within the week, so it's been real y'all. Keep fighting the good fight.

I feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                    I am never ordering another boxing PPV again. I do mean ever. And I hope more of you feel this way.

I am sick of every fight falling apart, not getting made or, if it appears made, being cancelled. I am sick of seeing farce fights that interrupt the flow of the logical, great fights. And yes, that includes Pacquiao-Clottey.

Arum gets our interest by throwing Mayweather's name around but has no intention of Pacquiao fighting him. So forget Pacquiao and Arum and their whole team. They made great fights in 2009, but when you dodge the biggest one of all, what's the point?

Then there's Pavlik, who throws around Williams' name, but when it's time to fight, he can't wait to get out of the bout. Since when does it take 6 months to treat a staph infection? You're either an irresponsible punk or you're blatantly ducking your biggest challenge. Given that Pavlik's not even fighting Williams next, I think it's obvious which.

I won't order Mayweather-Pacquiao or any other fight until I see both men in the ring waiting for round 1. You'll notice that doesn't give HBO or Top Rank or whoever much time to sell me the fight. If I'm going to purchase the PPV, I'm going to miss the first round by that point. So I'm not ordering.

But that's what it's come to. No fight is official in my book until it's happening. I want boxing to do well, but I'm tired of being jerked around. Let's stop ordering fights period until the sport gives us what we want.

pac PPV is where its at, ur money will always be its worth.

Comment

Working...
                    X