No announcement yet.

I Have Found A Harry Greb Fight (OMFG) Video Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Found A Harry Greb Fight (OMFG) Video Here

Your obsession with poet has become rather disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      Your obsession with poet has become rather disturbing.
      Sssssh.....he's giving me free advertising for my You Tube page

Poet

Comment

is there any real color footage of Louis? i noticed your avatar but it looks like a retouch. I've seen lots of ww2 color footage (sort of rare) just wonder if they got any of Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          is there any real color footage of Louis? i noticed your avatar but it looks like a retouch. I've seen lots of ww2 color footage (sort of rare) just wonder if they got any of Louis.
          I have a color photo of Louis but have never seen color footage.....My avatar is a painted poster I got from Ring Magazine back in the early '90s. I scanned it into my computer.

Poet

Comment

Someone should Really Colourise the Old Fights, They do it with movies..Why not fights?, Only issue i can see is that it would have to be a clear copy, Theres Alot of B&W fights that a very clear, it would cost money, But we should put money towards colourising some classic fights.

Id Love To see Some Marciano Fights in colour

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
              Someone should Really Colourise the Old Fights, They do it with movies..Why not fights?, Only issue i can see is that it would have to be a clear copy, Theres Alot of B&W fights that a very clear, it would cost money, But we should put money towards colourising some classic fights.

they had color cameras back then to...for such big events why didn't they use the best equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                they had color cameras back then to...for such big events why didn't they use the best equipment.
                The sad thing is, a number of classic fights will NEVER be seen because the film was destroyed to get the silver nitrate content of the film which was valuable to the war effort.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post

Not sure about that, my son got me the Laurel and Hardy collection (a secret vice) which has the black and white films plus colourised versions. Don't care much for the colour ones to be honest they just look crab. Think colourised boxing films would be even worse. Much rather they showed the old ones unspeeded up as an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    The sad thing is, a number of classic fights will NEVER be seen because the film was destroyed to get the silver nitrate content of the film which was valuable to the war effort.

Poet
                    Does make you think that was Hitler and the Japs that bad doesn't it?
                    I am being ironic BTW before another thread starts on the back of that comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X