Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    The compubox stats say it all...

Nobody wants to watch a fight where both guys are landing in the 20% range.
    This makes no sense. Just because two guys didn't land at a high rate doesn't make it a sloppy fight, or a bad one.

A defensive masterpiece can also yield low connect rates, especially between two good defensive fighters.

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post

Lmao dumb****
    Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    Told you....

Where is Scott. Weiland
    Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Smart and honest evaluation by Frampton. Classy.
    Well said.
    Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
    Hey Frampton really honest there

He is the anti Cotto/Marquez
    Frampton was definitely honest, and it is refreshing, the spirit of a champion, but that's an unfair remark to make about Cotto and JMM. Always respect a man's opinion and self criticism after a fight. There is also no shame in believing you won if you truly feel you did. That's a strength, not a weakness. Especially when it comes to a guy like JMM who has had decisions not go his way after having literally inspiring performances.
    Originally posted by engleby View Post
    no excuses from frampton such a refreshing change these days, both men a credit to the sport
    Well said. Good post.
    Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
    Those UK fans that come over...Ireland, up there...they are the most annoying...they start that singing, you have to turn the volume down on your system...a lot of them are intoxicated...
    You must be one of those cats who wants people to sit down when fans at a stadium jump up in emotion, blocking your view.
    Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I think that's where the difference between physical conditioning style of trainer and a boxing trainer comes in. A boxing trainer, specifically an old school one, ala Dundee, Steward or Atlas would have lit a fire under Frampton's arse, told him to go out there and swing for the fences.

Instead, in the last round, we have Shane telling Frampton, "Win the round with your feet". lol

The mental aspect is so important in boxing.
    I disagree with your analysis on Frampton during the last rounds, but this, I agree with.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      This makes no sense. Just because two guys didn't land at a high rate doesn't make it a sloppy fight, or a bad one.

A defensive masterpiece can also yield low connect rates, especially between two good defensive fighters.

Where is Scott. Weiland

Well said.

Frampton was definitely honest, and it is refreshing, the spirit of a champion, but that's an unfair remark to make about Cotto and JMM. Always respect a man's opinion and self criticism after a fight. There is also no shame in believing you won if you truly feel you did. That's a strength, not a weakness. Especially when it comes to a guy like JMM who has had decisions not go his way after having literally inspiring performances.

Well said. Good post.

You must be one of those cats who wants people to sit down when fans at a stadium jump up in emotion, blocking your view.

I disagree with your analysis on Frampton during the last rounds, but this, I agree with.
      what did you disagree with? I mean Frampton did ok in the second half of the fight but he just never let that many punches go. I don't think it was physical, i twas more a of a mental run down where he just didnt want to throw too many punches and felt his cute counter stuff was going ok.

Shane should have been telling him to rip **** up. LSC on the other hand punched at times like a man possessed, especially up close. He never allowed Frampton to have th last work.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        what did you disagree with? I mean Frampton did ok in the second half of the fight but he just never let that many punches go. I don't think it was physical, i twas more a of a mental run down where he just didnt want to throw too many punches and felt his cute counter stuff was going ok.

Shane should have been telling him to rip **** up. LSC on the other hand punched at times like a man possessed, especially up close. He never allowed Frampton to have th last work.
        I just think he was picking his shots, but letting his hands go, just not swinging for the fences. I didn't see the whole fight yet, but those last few rounds, I thought he was doing his best to win.

Comment

• Santa Cruz skills and defense are very underrated

He only received 135 punches from a good fighter like Frampton.

Comment

• I thought this fight was more entertaining than people here say.

Comment

I just think he was picking his shots, but letting his hands go, just not swinging for the fences. I didn't see the whole fight yet, but those last few rounds, I thought he was doing his best to win.
              He certainly picked it up in the last round but lsc ran with him every step of the way. But his activity was a level below lsc in middle and late rounds. He just seemed dejected at times. Maybe it was the lack of energy his own corner showed.

Well see in the 3 Rd fight what changes

Comment

• Really great card. Mikey looked great. Leo made the adjustments necessary. Frampton really helped the sport with his raw honesty afterward but also how he kept fighting and forced Leo to win the title. This wasn't a controversial decision in any way.

My guess is both guys fight someone else to make some money then tthey do it again maybe in 2 fights.

Great night of boxing betweem SHO extreme. SHo and HBO.

Comment

Where is Scott. Weiland

Well said.

Well said. Good post.

Not really had chance to collect my thoughts but I thought Cruz boxed expertly behind the jab, was a good fight one in which I feel 115-113 was extremly generous to Frampton never mind 114-114. I suppose cases could be made and I thought some rounds were splitting hairs but the closer rounds more a case could be made for a Cruz than Frampton.

The action itself Cruz appeared to be out working and out landing Frampton, he looked devoid of knowing how to combat and get around the jab. Their was a round maybe the six or seventh Frampton fought exclusively on the inside on Cruz's chest and I figured he'd stemmed the flow and would fight every round the same afterwards as he was having success whereas Cruz did not like the action so close, they were both working hard in that round but Frampton appeared to be having the most success.

I was thoroughly disappointed by Frampton and pleasantly surprised by Santa Cruz, I knew he could keep the work rate up and his work rate in closing rounds out was significantly, in fact drastically higher than Frampton's.

I'm not sure I'd even like to see a rematch at this point, I think I'd prefer unifications and for Lee Selby to be given a shot, their is also the proposition of is it Valdez ?

It was not a sloppy fight at all, it was close to a master class frm Cruz IMO, a master class in the sense he fought exactly how he needed to and learnt from his own mistakes, I expected Frampton to be able to make due adjustments but they just neve came, for me that's one dimensional I didn't perceive Frampton as one dimensional and I did Cruz, as I said I was quite surprised by Cruz's performance. A world class fighter should be able to make adjustments mid fight, Frampton never did and I believe Cruz made deft adjustments during the fight Saturday night. The scenario slightly reminded me of Froch versus Kessler two where Kessler could not get around the jab for the first three rounds yet made adjustments according after the third onwards, to make it a close tight competitive affair, Frampton was unfortunately bamboozled all night with very limited success.

5 rounds was generous, I think I can see those five rounds being 3, 6,7,8 and 12 but those rounds a case could be made for Cruz too, the other seven I don't think Frampton had a stake whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Santa Cruz skills and defense are very underrated

He only received 135 punches from a good fighter like Frampton.
                    He's grossly underrated, I suppose he just got a touch too complacent the first fight and he took this fight far more serious than he did the first time. A peak Frampton I can't see how he beats a peak Cruz.

Frampton just wasn't having enough success on the inside or countering and was being picked apart by the jab all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      Santa_ must be really happy tonight
                      Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      LSC wins the belts back!

Where is Santa_

Oh man I've been celebrating for 3 days straight.

Leo had a great game plan for this one.
                      Last edited by Santa_; 01-30-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X