No announcement yet.

Worst Boxers Reggie Strickland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Boxers Reggie Strickland

So i was doing some research and their happens to be a boxer with a terrible record of like i dont remember but it was 60 wins 200 losses i believe. I wanted to know what was Reggie Strickland training and other boxers with similar records because i heard these boxers hardly trained

Strickland didn't have the worst record, the 66 wins prevented it. He did have the distinction of having the most career losses on record.

Here's a match for the record books.
    On October 3rd, 1990, Reggie Strickland 52-224-15 faced
    Donnie Penelton 10-110-4 and won a eight round decision.

After the fight Pendleton went 3-56-2 and finished his career at 13-166-6
    After the fight Strickland went 14-52-2 and finished at 66-276-17

Several times fight collectors have asked me if I know anyone that has a copy of this bout because it was a meeting between two well know losers.

If you are ever looking for career losers, look at the record of Buck Smith. He made a career of facing guys that are brought in to lose. Not only did Smith beat Reggie Strickland 9 times he also beat the likes of Tim Bonds 3-28(4times), Jorge Acosta 3-13(3times), Keheven Johnson 24-71(5times) and many more.

But back on subject, Strickland was the perfect opponent. Any trainer would love to have an opponent for their fighter that would go the distance but not win. I imagine in order to go the distance so many times you would have to train some. Maybe not train to win, but train to last.
    Last edited by TBear; 03-18-2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

So Donnie Penelton has the worst record ever? What about Alexandru Manea? He's currently 0-53. Know anything about him?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        So Donnie Penelton has the worst record ever? What about Alexandru Manea? He's currently 0-53. Know anything about him?
        I think alot of guys have worse records than Penelton, like this Manea. Guys like Strickland and Penelton were professional opponents. They lose for a paycheck and go to the next town and do it again. But the fact that they won some might eliminate them from the worst record category. Especially while the are alot of guys with alot of loses and no wins at all. Guys like Strickland are just more famous for so many losses.

Here is an article about losers

Boxers Who Are Losers; Promoters Who Love Them

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/10/sp...love-them.html

Also look up guys like Peter Buckley who is second only to Strickland in losses and of course Eric Crumble who was knocked out in the first or second round of all 31 of his professional fights. You will find alot more like this if you dig deeper. I have heard of them in the midwest of the United States, the United Kingdom and even in Mexico and Argentina. Somebody's got to lose, and the are always a few that make a living at it.

Comment

i think its just my eyes...but I see two same threads...

and hey! this is an interestingly funny topic!

Comment

Reggie Strickland was better than you give him credit for. Take a look at the date when mandatory suspensions after being stopped became the rule, then check out how rarely he was stopped thereafter. He fought something like 40 or more times in some years right? You don't do that taking beatings.
            You may or may not believe it, but there are guys that go in, not necessarily to lose, but not to try to win. A few years back, one of them had gone on to be a state boxing commissioner.

Comment

Working...
            X