Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Left Apple IOS and came back to Android. (My reasons why)----->>

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all. He tucked his tail, dodged my post and changed the topic to what network im on. I guess thats easier for him.

If he wants to convince that android is the god of all phones its gonna take a little more work than that. Ive said before Im unhappy with it. Thats my opinion. I have a preference towards the iphone. Have I said its "better" nope, just my preference.

Cheerleaders and dickriders do not equal ownage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
      Not at all. He tucked his tail, dodged my post and changed the topic to what network im on. I guess thats easier for him.

If he wants to convince that android is the god of all phones its gonna take a little more work than that. Ive said before Im unhappy with it. Thats my opinion. I have a preference towards the iphone. Have I said its "better" nope, just my preference.

Cheerleaders and dickriders do not equal ownage.
      Your whole argument is that everything the Android does that the Iphone doesn't shouldn't matter because you don't use it..

I don't know how you can ignore widgets, complete customization, and free navigation among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
        Widgets are not shortcuts. A widget is something that gives the user rich and live information on your home screen. It brings function and flexibility to your phone. This widget below is just a simple example. Paste a note on your home screen that helps you remember something.

Or it can just be simple information such as weather outlook

or they can help you keep track of events in your calendar

There's literally thousands of different widgets that bring Customization, Looks, shortcuts, and function to your phone. Widgets allow you to do MORE, it brings Function to your phone and one of the selling points on Android is you CAN DO MORE!

and before you try to knock widgets (which would be idiotic) rumors have it apple is working on widgets for their new iphone.

Funny how apple has done nothing but copy Android for the last 2 years.
        Dude, a widget is a shortcut, you just drag the app into one of your main screens and it's there. Apple doesn't have that? I never bothered checked on my dads iphone.

I use widgets, but they're clearly shortcuts like the weather app. I'll admit the widget looks badass, like when it's raining the animation comes out and all.

Help me out here, I currently have Tmobile and a mytouch slide 3g. I'm thinking of hopping over to another provider but I'm not sure where to go. I only moved to Tmobile a few years ago cause I wanted the sidekick, loved the phone then I moved to G1 and my current phone.

Not sure exactly when my contract ends, but it should be very soon, and currently Tmobile has ****ty phones and I don't like the "unlimited" network cause there's a certain amount of 3g u get until they give u ****ty connection.

What would be best? AT&T? Sprint?

I really only text and use a lot of internet. I don't need many mins, I'm not really the calling type.

I think imma wait until the Galaxy 3 comes out before switching and buying a new phone. I don't mind my current phone but I am thinking about the next step, so I can wait.

Comment

ultimately, theyre just phones. If you spend that much time on your phone playing with widgets/gadgets/apps etc then that says it all already. Dont be THAT person at a bar just playing with your phone the entire time ignoring everything else thats going on

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
            Your whole argument is that everything the Android does that the Iphone doesn't shouldn't matter because you don't use it..

I don't know how you can ignore widgets, complete customization, and free navigation among other things.
            Thats all that matters to me. I dont care what other people like, only what works for me in regard to my purchases. I dont get paid by these companies. I have no need to convince others that one is superior.

Comment

Thats all that matters to me. I dont care what other people like, only what works for me in regard to my purchases. I dont get paid by these companies. I have no need to convince others that one is superior.
              Why are you in this This thread?

Siri is ****. Waste of time.
              The I phone is not all that t is made out to be.
              The camera on the 4S for example actually takes worse pics than a HTC that I saw.
              Can you even stream videos in high quality on 3G yet? Someone showed a YouTube video on their SG2 in full quality while the I phone 4 I know is shut.
              Samsung have do e a good job on their phones, it has cool features like an action camera which my old boss used for a video on a punch. It catches a photo of your motion in extreme slow mo, these cool features are small, but add up. Oh and I wanted to see how my punches looked in slow mo.

The only thing going for the I phone are the apps. I don't know what the I phone does that is better than the sg2. The screen is smaller but the colour is worse off on the I phone too/

Comment

Here's a picture of my homepage. (Keep in mind I have 8 other pages with widgets, apps, etc.) Ive never even done this before. Its as easy as downloading an app and playing with it.

I made this just tonight with golauncher. Not nearly as cool as some and I will probably change it but I think it looks good and is set up great. Folders containing all the apps, I can change the theme, wallpaper, dock icons-color-background-shading, folder icon-shading-color-font type-font size-font color, I can change the fonts yet again throughtout the whole phone. I could go on but bottomline is it's fully customizable. EVERYTHING can be changed, and if it was rooted which I have yet to do you can change even more down to the fucking OS itself. Im sorry but if you don't think thats superior to the iphone you are an idiot. I dont care if you would ever use it or not, but its there and capable which makes it better.

Comment

Here's a picture of my homepage. (Keep in mind I have 8 other pages with widgets, apps, etc.) Ive never even done this before. Its as easy as downloading an app and playing with it. The phone os the HTC Rezound.

I made this just tonight with golauncher. Not nearly as cool as some and I will probably change it but I think it looks good and is set up great. Folders containing all the apps, I can change the theme, wallpaper, dock icons-color-background-shading, folder icon-shading-color-font type-font size-font color, I can change the fonts yet again throughout the whole phone. I could go on but bottom line is it's fully customizable. EVERYTHING can be changed, and if it was rooted which I have yet to do you can change even more down to the fucking OS itself. Im sorry but if you don't think thats superior to the iphone you are an idiot. I dont care if you would ever use it or not, but its there and capable which makes it better.

Stock image to show how much was changed.

Last edited by Neglect; 02-20-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                    Why are you in this This thread?

Siri is ****. Waste of time.
                    The I phone is not all that t is made out to be.
                    The camera on the 4S for example actually takes worse pics than a HTC that I saw.
                    Can you even stream videos in high quality on 3G yet? Someone showed a YouTube video on their SG2 in full quality while the I phone 4 I know is shut.
                    Samsung have do e a good job on their phones, it has cool features like an action camera which my old boss used for a video on a punch. It catches a photo of your motion in extreme slow mo, these cool features are small, but add up. Oh and I wanted to see how my punches looked in slow mo.

The only thing going for the I phone are the apps. I don't know what the I phone does that is better than the sg2. The screen is smaller but the colour is worse off on the I phone too/
                    Thanks for reminding me of another thing....

Iphone doesn't play youtube in HD, but android does add that to the ongoing list that Android does that Iphone doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                      Dude, a widget is a shortcut, you just drag the app into one of your main screens and it's there. Apple doesn't have that? I never bothered checked on my dads iphone.

I use widgets, but they're clearly shortcuts like the weather app. I'll admit the widget looks badass, like when it's raining the animation comes out and all.

Help me out here, I currently have Tmobile and a mytouch slide 3g. I'm thinking of hopping over to another provider but I'm not sure where to go. I only moved to Tmobile a few years ago cause I wanted the sidekick, loved the phone then I moved to G1 and my current phone.

Not sure exactly when my contract ends, but it should be very soon, and currently Tmobile has ****ty phones and I don't like the "unlimited" network cause there's a certain amount of 3g u get until they give u ****ty connection.

What would be best? AT&T? Sprint?

I really only text and use a lot of internet. I don't need many mins, I'm not really the calling type.

I think imma wait until the Galaxy 3 comes out before switching and buying a new phone. I don't mind my current phone but I am thinking about the next step, so I can wait.

I don't think it's a good idea to ask what network you should go to. At the end of the day you have to be on the network that works best for you in terms of signal and cost.

I would definitely wait to buy a new phone. Besides the Nexus, most of the phones out right now have been out for some time and will be replaced here soon. As bad ass as the SGS2 is, it's already a phone that's about 1 year old! Pretty amazing to think a phone 1 year old is still the best phone out right now! Usually phones get outdated pretty quick, but not this one.

I would wait for SGS3 or the line of HTC EVO that i'm sure HTC is releasing soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X