Dana White had a meeting yesterday about Floyd vs Khabib

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
    excuses excuses. run what you brung.
    Where did I make excuses. I stated facts for the most part. And came up with an opinion based on those facts.

what makes you think mma guys are not at a disadvantage in a boxing ring?
    I didn't say they weren't. I said:

"Boxers are at a giant disadvantage vs MMA guys under MMA rules. MMA guys aren't under nearly as much disadvantage vs Boxers under Boxing rules."

remember all the "mma guys dont know how to throw a punch correctly" comments??
    Idk what you are quoting here exactly, but boxing in MMA is different then boxing in boxing. When you gotta worry about a guy hitting you, kicking you, elbowing you or taking you down you aren't boxing like a boxer. You are boxing like a MMA guy. Boxing is different in the cage.

just because boxing is part of mma, it doesnt mean it's on the same level as professional boxing.
    I didn't say it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      If this is some hybrid MMA rules fight as I highly suspect it would be this definitely runs into circus territory.

But lucky for Floyd & Khabib people love a circus.

I think if this actually happens it could compete with Ali vs Inoki as the most freak show fight involving a boxer in a legit sporting event (pro wrestling don't count) ever.

Dude no. Floyd's little punk ass is not getting inside a cage lol

This is for a boxing match.

Comment

Supposedly the McConor vs Floyd MMA talks were real & they included some hybrid rules that make me think this fight isn't as insane as people might think it is.

I don't recall many specifics, but I believe there was like some sorta 5 second rule or some sh^t like that where a takedown would require a submission in 5 seconds of they'd be stood back up. Khabib isn't even a big submission guy really. He likes punishing people & GnPing them more than subbing them so I'm not sure if they'd still allow GnP or not.

But there does seem to be ways to make this happen in the octagon without it being a legit MMA match is the point & why I think its more plausible then some although I'd still have to say I don't see it happening.

That's embarrassing.

Comment

Basically yea.

Boxing is a part of MMA. Judo, Wrestling, BJJ, Karate, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Sambo, etc isn't a part of Boxing.

Boxers are at a giant disadvantage vs MMA guys under MMA rules. MMA guys aren't under nearly as much disadvantage vs Boxers under Boxing rules.

Randomly I've always said the best way to fight boxers vs MMA guys would be in the cage, standup only, no kicks (unless agreed to) but with those tiny ass MMA gloves on that provide less defense & I believe create more damage on the competitors.
          McGregor would’ve been been seriously hurt by an out of shape Floyd with 4 oz gloves. Don’t be stupid.

Comment

Where did I make excuses. I stated facts for the most part. And came up with an opinion based on those facts.

I didn't say they weren't. I said:

"Boxers are at a giant disadvantage vs MMA guys under MMA rules. MMA guys aren't under nearly as much disadvantage vs Boxers under Boxing rules."

Idk what you are quoting here exactly, but boxing in MMA is different then boxing in boxing. When you gotta worry about a guy hitting you, kicking you, elbowing you or taking you down you aren't boxing like a boxer. You are boxing like a MMA guy. Boxing is different in the cage.

I didn't say it was.
            you just said boxers are at a disadvantage in the ufc but mma fighters are not when they come to boxing since mma does boxing also. that's an excuse bro.

there should be no special treatment, whether its in a boxing ring or in the octagon. if you think you are better than the next man then show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
              Dude no. Floyd's little punk ass is not getting inside a cage lol

This is for a boxing match.
              I'm not saying its anything. I'm just saying I can see it happening in the cage under hybrid rules. Floyd was considering this with McConor. And Khabib is a much less sellable name. I think if this fight is gonna happen Floyd will need to bend more to make it worth as much money as he wants it to be worth.

Thats just my opinion doe. I could see Floyd ultimately deciding to do it in the ring for less, but still a lot, of money. This isn't a 5M buy boxing or MMA hybrid rule PPV. I'd guess its not even a 3M buy boxing event. I think it could do 3M+ buys in the cage doe.

And I still say the most likely outcome by a mile is the fight don't happen, but I'm just thinking about how this could or might play out if it were to play out.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                you just said boxers are at a disadvantage in the ufc but mma fighters are not when they come to boxing
                You gotta quit misquoting me bruh. Thats not what I said at all.

One more time this is what I said:

I mean its better to know the sport you are in the ring against to a lesser degree than to be in the cage not knowing anything about various sports you know nothing about don't you think?

Basically its a much harder thing for a boxer to go into the cage just knowing boxing then it is for a MMA guy to go into the ring knowing boxing at a lesser level.

there should be no special treatment, whether its in a boxing ring or in the octagon. if you think you are better than the next man then show it.
                Its entertainment man. Its not who gots the biggest dick. They can make up any rules they want & the other side can agree to them or not. No one is forcing anything on anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  McGregor would’ve been been seriously hurt by an out of shape Floyd with 4 oz gloves. Don’t be stupid.
                  I'm not talking about McConor vs Floyd specifically.

I'm talking in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    That's embarrassing.
                    It'll be a freak show, but I get it. What standup guy wants to get taken down or have his legs kicked & all sorts of sh^t they've not done a day in their life? I'm guessing not many.

MMA is a more complete fighting style is the bottom line.

I've said this over & over, year in, year out, since I started watching MMA seriously & its clear to me if you put the best 100 boxers vs the best 100 MMA guys in a fight (not a boxing match or MMA match) the MMA guys are gonna win more fights then they lose. MMA guys have an advantage knowing more fighting styles that they practice with daily.

Sure there might be some boxer who's just a bad ass who grew up fighting that might merk every MMA guy he encounters, but overall the 100 MMA guys are gonna be taking less L's.

Comment

It'll be a freak show, but I get it. What standup guy wants to get taken down or have his legs kicked & all sorts of sh^t they've not done a day in their life? I'm guessing not many.

MMA is a more complete fighting style is the bottom line.

I've said this over & over, year in, year out, since I started watching MMA seriously & its clear to me if you put the best 100 boxers vs the best 100 MMA guys in a fight (not a boxing match or MMA match) the MMA guys are gonna win more fights then they lose. MMA guys have an advantage knowing more fighting styles that they practice with daily.

Sure there might be some boxer who's just a bad ass who grew up fighting that might merk every MMA guy he encounters, but overall the 100 MMA guys are gonna be taking less L's.

You're probably right but there's no rules on the street.

Comment

Working...
                      X