No announcement yet.

Video shows NYPD cops just watching brawl happen in the streets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video shows NYPD cops just watching brawl happen in the streets

Video is in the link below. Looks to me the cops were initiallly outnumbered and chose to be cautious before taking action. Imagine the outrage if they had wrangled these upstanding citizens to the ground to restore order. Now the outrage is that they didn’t act quick enough.

A brawl between at least seven men broke out in Inwood while cops just watched on, a video obtained by The Post Sunday shows.

The minute-long cellphone recording shows at least four uniformed officers — and a supervisor — standing by as the men exchange blows just after 5 a.m. Saturday on Dyckman Street near Post Avenue.

At one point, the supervisor strolls past four men tussling on the ground.

“We are aware of the incident and it is under internal review,” a spokesman for the NYPD said.

It’s unclear how the fight started.

Two of the men — Johnlauds Chevalier, 26, and Lewis Medina, 34 — were charged with assault and given desk appearance tickets.

Cops gave two others — Jose Manuel Rojas and Frany Luna Frias — were issued summonses for disorderly conduct.

Chevalier was arrested in 2017 on grand larceny charge, according to police.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/09/video-...n-the-streets/

Happens all the time in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Yep. Imagine the cops dive into the melee and have one of their guns stolen from them. May as well wait for the cavalry to arrive and get control of the scene.

Comment

Only two cops and a bunch of people. I can't blame them. Plus they have cameras so what are the perps are going to say?

That is what happens in a liberal society. The cops can't do their job anymore so they rather stand back until it is really safe to act. Damn if you do and damn if you don't

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          No doubt.

Back in the day when I lived in Chicago I knew a lot of gang affiliated people & more than a few of them had jail stories where cops would put opposing gang members in the same cell with them to try to start a fight & when a fight would start they'd just sit back n enjoy instead of breaking it up. Cops are bigger pieces of sh^t then the average American thinks even still today I think despite so much being known these days.

The problem of good cops who don't flip on bad cops is a big one & in my mindset is one that makes a lot of good cops bad cops by capitulation.

Comment

They probably had bets on the fight

Comment

Working...
            X