• Canelo made Jacobs look foolish - Video Evidence

Put some respect on Canelo's defense

LMAO!!!!!!!

Comment

Canelo slick as a phuk

Comment

He tripped on his slicknes

Comment

Didn't watch vid...but he made him miss a lot, no doubt. His defense was very good.

I didn't like Canelo's lack of activity, effective and clean activity, and that in part was him cutting off the ring poorly. (Believe you me, I'm even less impressed with Jacobs and honestly put most of the blame on Jacobs). Idk what the numbers say, or even how remotely accurate they are, but I just wasn't impressed with the activity. I'm going to chalk it up to Jacobs being too defensive and yet doing just enough to keep Canelo on edge, but on pure performance, excluding all the variables, I haven't seen Canelo look this unimpressive since the Trout fight. But of course, I rate Jacobs as a much better opponent than Trout.

I'm planning on rewatching the fight later on in the week, so maybe I'll notice something I hadn't the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Put some respect on Canelo's defense

You got it! That uppercut moment was a thing of beauty. I called that GIFable in my scorecard.

Comment

And jacobs was blocking most of his shots. You guys are too easily impressed, canelo rarely landed any good counters after dodging them.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                And jacobs was blocking most of his shots. You guys are too easily impressed, canelo rarely landed any good counters after dodging them.
                We're not talking about blocked punches. We're talking about Jacobs coming off like Lemieux against Saunders.

Top tier opponents shouldn't ever be made to look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  The first video I posted shows Jacobs missing about 20 straight punches while during that same 15 sec video canelo threw 2 punches landed both clean first a hard jab and then ending the round with a hard uppercut. Jacobs didn't block either lol

I can post tons of videos of Canelo landing clean he obviously landed more then Jacobs the punch stats prove that and he landed at double the connect rate (canelo 40% of punches he threw landed while only 20% of what Jacobs threw landed). But this thread is about canelo making Jacobs look foolish so I'm talking about his defense.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-06-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    Didn't watch vid...but he made him miss a lot, no doubt. His defense was very good.

I didn't like Canelo's lack of activity, effective and clean activity, and that in part was him cutting off the ring poorly. (Believe you me, I'm even less impressed with Jacobs and honestly put most of the blame on Jacobs). Idk what the numbers say, or even how remotely accurate they are, but I just wasn't impressed with the activity. I'm going to chalk it up to Jacobs being too defensive and yet doing just enough to keep Canelo on edge, but on pure performance, excluding all the variables, I haven't seen Canelo look this unimpressive since the Trout fight. But of course, I rate Jacobs as a much better opponent than Trout.

I'm planning on rewatching the fight later on in the week, so maybe I'll notice something I hadn't the first time around.
                    Same here. The underdog didn’t have a sense of urgency and the favorite don’t have a second gear either. Good win for nelo but nothing special, easily forgettable and wouldn’t put you on top of the pound for pound rankings.. Disappointed by spence, loma, mikey, crawford and canelo and it’s just May wew

Comment

Working...
                    X