Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I will never understand about GGG fans is..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    Why are you trying to appear edgy?

This is how films, TV, Theatre and even word of mouth stories have worked since they began, embellishment and fiction based of reality. This is not a 'youngsters' thing but the global human tradition of story telling.
    Kuchi Komi...... I’m a Jew... we learn to read and write..
    Torah get burnt if there is one mistake..

I get paid for never adding my feelings to facts....

Millennials over rate the education their parents paid for...

Liberal arts majors.... homeless people wax more eloquently..

Can you speak a second language besides youthful exuberance..???

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Read a Japanese folklore tale..

Urashima taro...

It is a youngster thing... right of passage?
      I don't think you understand what you are talking about, or I completely missing your point. Why compare folklore with this show when your criticism is the show is unrealistic?

You trying to compare two different genres and medias. It's like comparing The Theogony to Fight Club or spectating tennis to football, theres no real substance to be found in comparing them.

Considering the length of time films, shows and books have been made to a degree unrealistic take on real life sources such as spy films, war films, gangster films, sports films etc it is not new nor a generational thing.

Comment

Kuchi Komi...... I’m a Jew... we learn to read and write..
        Torah get burnt if there is one mistake..

I get paid for never adding my feelings to facts....

Millennials over rate the education their parents paid for...

Liberal arts majors.... homeless people wax more eloquently..

Can you speak a second language besides youthful exuberance..???
        Yet you seem to ignore the facts that entertainment is produced in such a way to entertain hudreds of generations and almost certainly since black and white moving images were partenered with sound.

Trying to deflect this discussion down another route is irrelevant and you are simply wrong about the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          I don't think you understand what you are talking about, or I completely missing your point. Why compare folklore with this show when your criticism is the show is unrealistic?

You trying to compare two different genres and medias. It's like comparing The Theogony to Fight Club or spectating tennis to football, theres no real substance to be found in comparing them.

Considering the length of time films, shows and books have been made to a degree unrealistic take on real life sources such as spy films, war films, gangster films, sports films etc it is not new nor a generational thing.
          Read more think less...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Yeah and Mosely was smaller by far had a record of losses in his last 6 fights. Mosely wasn't even a big Welterweight. He was 40 years old. A classic cherry pick if there ever was one.

Not a cherry pick if it's to feed a young inexperienced kid a bout with a name.

Cherry pick was when a fully grown man, like say, Mayweather picked a fight against Berto. Or when GGG fought Rolls.

Old lions getting fed to young lions is standard operating procedure.

Why do you think no one but you has ever mentioned this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
              Not a cherry pick if it's to feed a young inexperienced kid a bout with a name.

Cherry pick was when a fully grown man, like say, Mayweather picked a fight against Berto. Or when GGG fought Rolls.

Old lions getting fed to young lions is standard operating procedure.

Why do you think no one but you has ever mentioned this?
              Old lions if they were the same size and didn't show signs of decline. Yeah Im aware that this has been going on for ages. When a younger clearly much bigger fighter takes on a smaller one who is in the twilight of his career it's a cherry pick. Mosely was ripe for another loss and Canelo cashed in.

Comment

Read more think less...
                Think more, post less...

Don't be a try hard.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Real boxing fans know that GGG has ducked no one and even tried to fight Ward in 2013 when HBO wanted that fight and Ward said no.

We know he tried to fight every top10MW that was available since he turned pro.
                  oh please

he openly ducked andre ward

(hell fight chavez at 168 but ward at 164 or no fight)

and he just recently ducked andrade to fight bum rolls

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Just proved my second point
                    But I'm not his fan))

Comment

Working...
                    X