Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 12-28-2019, 06:31 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Mokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond reputeMokib has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 8,096.22
Default Unfit boxer who trains so hard

Ive started training at a new gym, and

the most dedicated boxer who trains really hard - does sprints once a week, one light jog a week, plus one to one sessions with the coach, and goes to the gym about 5 times a week on top of that, and does a bit of kickboxing, is great in terms of bodyweight exercises, e.g can do a plank for 10 minutes and has the best endurance when it comes to roadwork. But i went to see his first amateur fight. He looked shockingly badly conditioned, poor technique, endurance, had zero muscle definition and lost the fight. Gassed out by the second round.
This has left me really confused, what is the cause of all this? The reason i ask is because i am going to follow a similar program as him that the coach set me, and donít want a crappy stamina like him.
Mokib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:28 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 17955 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 295,423.67
Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 
No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokib View Post

the most dedicated boxer who trains really hard - does sprints once a week, one light jog a week, plus one to one sessions with the coach, and goes to the gym about 5 times a week on top of that, and does a bit of kickboxing, is great in terms of bodyweight exercises, e.g can do a plank for 10 minutes and has the best endurance when it comes to roadwork. But i went to see his first amateur fight. He looked shockingly badly conditioned, poor technique, endurance, had zero muscle definition and lost the fight. Gassed out by the second round.
This has left me really confused, what is the cause of all this? The reason i ask is because i am going to follow a similar program as him that the coach set me, and donít want a crappy stamina like him.
believe me on this.. do not over train... it breaks your body down... you grow when you eat and sleep.. muscle.. over training leads to injuries...

i knew a guy.. a musle man, and good fighter.. he strinted once a week, , lifted for fifteen min, twice a week... ate good.. and never over trained... i learned a lot from him.. he used to be a sales man for Metriks or whatever that company was.... he never used the stuff.. he was a top sales man.. big.. ckut kut lean.. and he was a walking advertisiment for products he did not use or eat drink or whatever..
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:59 PM #3
Contender

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
a.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,866.09

The fight game is weird, and every fighter is so individual. What works for one fighter may not necessarily help the next. And what looks strong in one context may not be effective in a different context. You've always gotta find out what works for you and your goals, and nevermind what others say works for them. And even when you're putting the work in, you can't just assume anything. You've got to test yourself in the ring, confirm those results before you put anything on the line.

TL: DR you gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Last edited by a.rihn; 12-29-2019 at 11:04 AM.
a.rihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:19 PM #4
Amateur

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Brymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond reputeBrymansteel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.34
Total Points: 9,631.96

1st amateur fights usually look like that. Being conditioned is important but most people panic, dont breath properly and tense up too much while they're new and gas out. Being relaxed in the ring is very important and takes time and experience to learn.
Brymansteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:56 PM #5
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13997 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,151,494.82
Total Points: 1,221,891.19
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Worry less about other people and more about you. A common thing people do is find reasons to disagree w/ their trainer because it gives them a reason to quit. An out.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:55 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2282 Post(s)
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,674.42
Total Points: 114,493.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokib View Post

Whatís his nutrition like?

Is this mystery boxer actually you?
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:44 PM #7

Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,606.11
Total Points: 96,165.03
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracada View Post
Whatís his nutrition like?

Is this mystery boxer actually you?
I was wondering the same.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:40 AM #8
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 2126 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,083,450.84
Total Points: 1,085,299.28
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr 
Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles thanks - Deontaytheking 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

You want to get in to shape for a fight? Spar. Not this easy going pitty-pat bullsheet sparing. Get in there and war with the 16ozers on the end of your fist. Running can help, but are you training to win a foot race or a fight? You could lift weights too, but are you training to win a fight or to pick up a car? Spar, spar, spar and spar some more. Get in there and throw down. If the guy can't take your heat than find somebody who can. And if your coach tells you that they don't spar like that here, laugh at him and tell him that he is raising a bunch of poosies for boxers. He could take you boys down to Kronk and feed you to their amateur fighters. You can train to be either the predator or the pray. (I know that I would much rather be a predator) You want to get in to shape to fight? Fight in the gym. Spar, spar, spar, etc. with some intensity. You don't play boxing or just **** off in your training. You want to learn how/get in to shape to fight, than fight in the gym..ÖÖ.Rockin'

Last edited by Rockin'; 12-31-2019 at 02:47 AM.
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:54 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2282 Post(s)
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,674.42
Total Points: 114,493.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
You want to get in to shape for a fight? Spar. Not this easy going pitty-pat bullsheet sparing. Get in there and war with the 16ozers on the end of your fist. Running can help, but are you training to win a foot race or a fight? You could lift weights too, but are you training to win a fight or to pick up a car? Spar, spar, spar and spar some more. Get in there and throw down. If the guy can't take your heat than find somebody who can. And if your coach tells you that they don't spar like that here, laugh at him and tell him that he is raising a bunch of poosies for boxers. He could take you boys down to Kronk and feed you to their amateur fighters. You can train to be either the predator or the pray. (I know that I would much rather be a predator) You want to get in to shape to fight? Fight in the gym. Spar, spar, spar, etc. with some intensity. You don't play boxing or just **** off in your training. You want to learn how/get in to shape to fight, than fight in the gym..ÖÖ.Rockin'
You thought about being a personal trainer?
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:04 AM #10
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 2126 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,083,450.84
Total Points: 1,085,299.28
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr 
Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles thanks - Deontaytheking 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracada View Post
You thought about being a personal trainer?
I've thought about it...Ö..Rockin'
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends