This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
    Does this mean we can buy Citeh players on a bargain? Maybe swap Jorginho with Gundogan and get De Bruyne back

The price of sterling is definitely failing.

Maybe that is to do with Brexit though.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      The price of sterling is definitely failing.

Maybe that is to do with Brexit though.
      Haha.. As for Sterling the player, i can see him maybe go to a team like Arsenal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Be interesting what happens with De Bruyne.

Obviously he won’t come to Chelsea who dicked him off and he could move to a better team anyway. But at 29 with two years out of the CL I think he’s one that might move to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Everyone will want
        him. He’s the best player of his kind in the world.

It is worth noting that UEFA have twice had their offices raided by Swiss police for the so called governors of the European game basically robbing people blind.

So it’s pick your poison really. At the end of the day City aren’t embezzling funds. They’re just lying the origins of their own money.

Not having people pontificating about City and holding UEFA in any esteem.

I’d prefer if City done them tbh.

Also where is Fenomeno? We sure he’s alright?
        Oh shit... Didn't realise that he's already 29 but then again Juve bought Cristiano at 33 for like 100 million dollars so De Bruyne is definitely worth it.

Comment

• It's early to say this but...

Mikel Arteta might be a genius coach.

Comes in, rights the ship, motivates the players.. even Mesut ****ig Ozil is running and pressing! Even soothed the issues with Xhaka.

On top of that, he has a clear modus operandi. He very clearly and quickly found his best XI for his idea of football, without talking transfers.

The kicker with me is, his tactics. He uses a 4231... he uses his most skilled pkayer (Ozil) in his best position (#10). Uses both of his biggest goal threats at the same time, when available (fearless & decisive).

Then he improvises with 18 year old mids/wingers as fullbacks. Uses Xhaka as a Busquets-esque "libero" creating a back 3. Uses Bellerin as an auxillary mid/ underlapping mid to make use of his attacking talent... uses Mustafi(!) In his best role (3rd CB) without asking him to be VVD and now discovered how Ceballos' ability to pass, compliments Ozil's advanced playmaking.

It's very early, he could be a huge failure or a bang average coach; a fluke and win nothing.

But Arteta... there's something there with him.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 02-16-2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Plays Auba on the wing.

Which is mental. So not totally round pegs in round holes.

Saka looks a real prospect though. Very silky. He was also very confident in the post match interview. Always think that’s a great sign like they know they belong at that level

Comment

• Saka is massive. Bsck when Emery used him as a winger, I thought they found an answer to the lw problem. But then Emery dropped him completely.

Yeah, Auba on the wing isnt conventional but I get the feeling he's trying to use him like Guardiola used Henry.

Comment

• If I could I’d pick myself over Michy Batshuayi.

Bless him. But how has he got here?

One of the biggest anomalies of the Abramovich era because Michy has no talent. There’s nothing there.

Comment

• If I could I’d pick myself over Michy Batshuayi.

Bless him. But how has he got here?

One of the biggest anomalies of the Abramovich era because Michy has no talent. There’s nothing there.

Comment

• Chelsea were very hard done by.
                    Clear red card for Maguire early in the game and Fred pushes Azpi into Williams for the disallowed goal.

Comment

• Not even.

Chelsea were so disorganized, the VAR thing cant even be blamed.

I retain, on general principle of competition. Chelsea surely have to make contact with Pochettino.

Comment

Working...
                      X