Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mannix and Oscar talk about everyone ducking Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to argue against DLH on this one.
    No matter what its these guys biggest payday and a chance to separate themselves from the pack. Canelo is so great right now hes got these guys stirred. All these guys talked **** and puffed their chest out but got real scary quick and their bluff has been called.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Youre right about wanting to see the best fights, but I'm not sure why Oscar is saying $4 million is 3 or 4 times their biggest pay day, and I dont know why some of you are too dumb to do your own research and realise it's a lie. Smith for example made more than that offer in the WBSS final, let alone it being 3 or 4 times less. I think those guys will take less than Jacob's and Kovalev but they also need to be treated fairly. $4 million is 10% of the likely cut
      Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but what's obviously too hard to understand for fanbois!

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Youre right about wanting to see the best fights, but I'm not sure why Oscar is saying $4 million is 3 or 4 times their biggest pay day, and I dont know why some of you are too dumb to do your own research and realise it's a lie. Smith for example made more than that offer in the WBSS final, let alone it being 3 or 4 times less. I think those guys will take less than Jacob's and Kovalev but they also need to be treated fairly. $4 million is 10% of the likely cut
        Since you're so smart lets hear some of this supposed "research "you've done about these nonsensical claims of such rediculously low numbers?

You should learn to read between the lines better,since the offer became known Hearns exact quote in the press release said:

(Exact quote)
        "There is a market rate that has been established, (aka we want around that much)unfortunately for [Canelo's promoters] Golden Boy. Callum and Billy Joe are not even asking for that market rate,"Hearn told Sky Sports."I don't know which one Canelo prefers. But I do know both Callum and Billy Joe want the fight. The one who gets the fight? Probably the one who takes it for the least money. Canelo has to fight a credible guy. Callum and Billy Joe are world champions. They aren't just being picked off a list. It is a lot of money but it is less than what you have paid everybody else. We feel the same about Anthony Joshua's opponents. The market has changed, and guys are demanding More."

If you read between the lines Hearn is saying that they have a decent offer but its not quite 12 million-ish that Smith especially is demanding aka what Jacobs reportedly got.(hes saying that theres no rehydration clause vs Smith in a different link)

Hes literally saying that just as when guys are demanding the same amount as his previous opponents for AJ, so too are his fighters demanding more money to match Jacobs(especially Smith which we know Hearn favors to BJS)

he doesn't dismiss the offer outright as rediculous because it surely was not rediculous,aka DLH gave them straight up reasonable offers (imho its around 7-10 mil(Smith higher than BJS) pbc already confirmed to their unofficial YouTube channels that Charlo turned down 10 mil because he wanted what Spence was allegedly offered in 20 mil offer to fight Canelo a while back.

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
        Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but what's obviously too hard to understand for fanbois!
        You don't understand anything,& he pointed out nothing
        Last edited by kushking; 02-16-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

**** em all . Canelo should retire for 2 years and let their division go to ****s . This New generation of boxers feel too entitled to riches when they havent put in the work

Comment

Originally posted by Seps210 View Post
            **** em all . Canelo should retire for 2 years and let their division go to ****s . This New generation of boxers feel too entitled to riches when they havent put in the work
            Yep exactly its pretty much accepting defeat, Hearn is absolutely delusional in thinking Smith or BJS deserves to get what Jacobs/Kovalev got.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              Since you're so smart lets hear some of this supposed "research "you've done about these nonsensical claims of such rediculously low numbers?

You should learn to read between the lines better,since the offer became known Hearns exact quote in the press release said:

(Exact quote)

If you read between the lines Hearn is saying that they have a decent offer but its not quite 12 million-ish that Smith especially is demanding aka what Jacobs reportedly got.(hes saying that theres no rehydration clause vs Smith in a different link)

Hes literally saying that just as when guys are demanding the same amount as his previous opponents for AJ, so too are his fighters demanding more money to match Jacobs(especially Smith which we know Hearn favors to BJS)

he doesn't dismiss the offer outright as rediculous because it surely was not rediculous,aka DLH gave them straight up reasonable offers (imho its around 7-10 mil(Smith higher than BJS) pbc already confirmed to their unofficial YouTube channels that Charlo turned down 10 mil because he wanted what Spence was allegedly offered in 20 mil offer to fight Canelo a while back.

Sure he doesn't know the exact number, neither do you, and thats pretty important before judging if it is low ball or not.

The thing it sounds like the promoters are in discussions and if its handled professionally I don't see any issue.

Its like the Joshua/Ortiz & Ruiz 2 negotiations, no one says you have to take the first offer and be grateful for it, but don't f it up and loose the fight.

It doesn't help Oscar when Hearn is the promoter of both Smith & BJS and knows exactly what both are being offered, makes it a bit harder to bluff either of them.

Comment

LOL at ducking their is a 3rd fight right their that he is avoiding like the plague. We all know that he wants GGG to be a senior citizen before the 3rd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  He pointed out you're a fanboi. Quit slobbin

Comment

Alot of coward in boxing afraid to take that beating vs Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X