Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight cutting advice and guideline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually watch my calorie intake vs. workouts vs. how much I burn naturally. That usually can cut my weight easy, but it comes back easy when I eat normal

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky86 View Post
      In all honesty I don’t know much about different diets. I wasn’t given complicated instructions to lose weight simply cut out grains , potatoes and pasta bread etc. I found I could really eat as much as I wanted and would only have to eat like this for a week or two before the fight . Granted I was a teenager at the time so I probably had a quicker metabolism.
      As well I forgot to add check your weight through out the day. 1st thing in the morning try to go to the bathroom as much as possible don’t eat or
      Drink anything and then see how much you weight.
      Usually I could go to sleep 1-2 lbs over and some how be on weight the morning of and weight in before breakfast.
      So you don’t really have to lose 8 lbs it’s probably more like 5.
      Well I talked to my coach today. He said because I haven’t been training as much as I used to, he doesn’t want me to do a tournament. I’m not at a good weight anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
        Well I talked to my coach today. He said because I haven’t been training as much as I used to, he doesn’t want me to do a tournament. I’m not at a good weight anyways.
        Your coach sounds like a smart man/woman. No point rushing something. It’s frustrating to watch a Kid fight a bad fight when you know they are capable of much more if they were better prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky86 View Post
          Your coach sounds like a smart man/woman. No point rushing something. It’s frustrating to watch a Kid fight a bad fight when you know they are capable of much more if they were better prepared.
          Yeah he cares a lot about everyone who comes to the gym. It’s more than a gym. It’s like a family.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
            I think you already knew this, but it's good to hear someone is looking out for you.

Comment

You need to do 2 things:

1. Intermittent fasting: This will involve not eating anything in a window period of 18 hours, an example is do not eat from 7 pm until 1 pm. I am assuming you train in the early evening so you will have fuel for it. Do this 5 times a week Mon-Fri.
              2. During your 6 hour window of eating use a Keto based diet, stay away from carbs and sugars. Watch your weekend intake (this is where I struggle)
              3. If this fails try the 7 day cabbage soup diet but then you can't train during it, use this diet when you are recuperating from an injury.

Let me know how it works for you, it works for me.

Comment

Working...
              X