Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 02-10-2020, 07:28 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5145 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 126,431.09
Total Points: 245,060.83
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 "I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet". Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
because you're still an idiot - Boxing Goat I'm sure you have tons of these you delusional cunt - Fists_of_Fury 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_king View Post
Well in that case you have to raise Jon hands.he completely controlled the ground game.As good as Jon is standing up I'm just now realizing how good his wrestling skills are.
I saw a brief round by round. From my angle, Round 3 is the problem. I didn't see Reyes win that clear, neither did I see Jones win it clear. It seemed to depend on your bias.

I wouldn't mind saying either guy won 3-2. My problem is (as always) the robbery claims. Didn't see a robbery.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:56 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 685 Post(s)
giant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 24,035.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
I saw a brief round by round. From my angle, Round 3 is the problem. I didn't see Reyes win that clear, neither did I see Jones win it clear. It seemed to depend on your bias.

I wouldn't mind saying either guy won 3-2. My problem is (as always) the robbery claims. Didn't see a robbery.
I give props to were it is due and I don't care who it is that's why I said draw because you really could not choose a winner from that fight no one really stuck out
giant_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:10 AM #33
Banned

Quoted: 4263 Post(s)
IceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,980.39
Total Points: 158,469.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded View Post
Thought Reyes won first 3...Jones 4 & 5.
i got reyes taking 1 and 2, 3rd round was a toss up and i got jones taking 4 and 5. i think a draw would have been more acceptable. anyways, i wouldnt mind a rematch.
IceTrayDaGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:35 PM #34
Undisputed Champion

revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 "I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet". Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
because you're still an idiot - Boxing Goat I'm sure you have tons of these you delusional cunt - Fists_of_Fury 

Quote:
I give props to were it is due and I don't care who it is that's why I said draw because you really could not choose a winner from that fight no one really stuck out
But you COULD choose a winner.

As a judge, do you prefer pressure, strikes, walking down opponents? You gave that round to Reyes.

As a judge, do you think that Jones got caught a few times but ultimately made the adjustments necessary to take control back? You gave it to Jones.

Then there are some who get swayed when one guy shows up for 30 seconds at the beginning or end of a fight and they give it to them despite that being the only success. We see that all the time with Manny.

Then there's the "only punches matter" crowd, despite it being MIXED martial arts.

Either way, I think draw should be banned. There should always be a winner. Even if people don't like the subjectivity of who was chosen as that winner.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:51 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 685 Post(s)
giant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond reputegiant_king has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,035.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
But you COULD choose a winner.

As a judge, do you prefer pressure, strikes, walking down opponents? You gave that round to Reyes.

As a judge, do you think that Jones got caught a few times but ultimately made the adjustments necessary to take control back? You gave it to Jones.

Then there are some who get swayed when one guy shows up for 30 seconds at the beginning or end of a fight and they give it to them despite that being the only success. We see that all the time with Manny.

Then there's the "only punches matter" crowd, despite it being MIXED martial arts.

Either way, I think draw should be banned. There should always be a winner. Even if people don't like the subjectivity of who was chosen as that winner.
fair enough.There are alot of folks that have that same belief but then there's others like me who believe in the draw.If two fighters who fought hard and was equally matched it should be a draw then if both fighters agree like men like warriors to settle the score they'll run it back.just choosing one just to choose just doesn't seem right to me it kinda reminds me of the flipping of the coin scenario.i can see it now the ref: Ok Jon heads u win Tails you win Reyes lol

Last edited by giant_king; 02-10-2020 at 01:56 PM.
giant_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
fair enough.There are alot of folks that have that same belief but then there's others like me who believe in the draw.If two fighters who fought hard and was equally matched it should be a draw then if both fighters agree like men like warriors to settle the score they'll run it back.just choosing one just to choose just doesn't seem right to me it kinda reminds me of the flipping of the coin scenario.i can see it now the ref: Ok Jon heads u win Tails you win Reyes lol
Come on man, you know that's not how it goes. Bradley / Chaves, Broner / Vargas, etc....unresolved business all around.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:51 AM #37
Interim Champion

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Legends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to allLegends456 is a name known to all
Total Points: 42,965.69

Jones is Mayweather with Karate Gong Fu skills and Tyson Fury’s reach. He’d diffuse the bronze bomber via takedown/choke.
Legends456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:01 AM #38
Rd 1 KO

Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Butt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond reputeButt stuff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,606.11
Total Points: 6,727.91
ran outta green k for you - lefthook2daliva Happy New Years. - Teetotaler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
I think people always suspect that a judge could change an earlier close round depending on what happens in the later rounds. If a guy is dead tired and running like Reyes did in the last two, then I could see a compulsion to change say the third rnd to Jones or have it even, if u had it to Reyes at first. I’m not saying this actually happens, we couldn’t know, but I know people suspect it often. Dana saying you can’t run for the last two rounds and expect to beat Jon Jones doesn’t help this stigma though. I think Jones looked like the better man. Also when one guy is fading and the other is coming on it’s worth something in a close round maybe. We all know the “championship” rounds aren’t worth anymore points than a first round even though the announcers always make it sound like it is. The champ shouldn’t get any benefit of the doubt either, that’s corny... cause there shouldn’t be doubt... but I understand it.
The judge fills out the card for the round just ended, it would show if he went back to an earlier round, crossed it out and changed it.

It's part of the reason you see insane scores in boxing – a la CJ Ross giving rounds that 100% objectively you cannot give to a fighter. They haven't given the rounds to their favoured fighter early and need to make up that deficit for them to win, so they end up giving rounds later on that aren't close to being deserved.
Butt stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:25 AM #39
Banned

Quoted: 682 Post(s)
BoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant futureBoomBapTrap has a brilliant future
Total Points: 33,212.14
Bottoms up for wilders excuse - HughJass 

”Because for a fight to take place offense must be initiated. Otherwise, it would be a 2-man game of tag where neither man is "It". Pointless.

I had Reyes, btw, but I've always understood why octagon control is awarded consideration, and often decides very close fights when there is little else. Running isn't fighting. You must attack.

Seen a poster in the sherdog mma forum post this and I thought, damn, that’s so true.

Running isn’t fighting, you must engage. You can’t just land 2/2 jabs a round and runs and hug and be the champion. What a load of horse poo that is.
BoomBapTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:58 PM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5966 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,638.48
Total Points: 118,613.42
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Exactly, easy fight to score. 1-3 was all Reyes and 4 and 5 was Jones. Hell, you could even argue that round 4 was close.
Reyes won the 1st half of the 4th too. It was a robbery but it was pre-written. In the 5th rd the announcers started changing their tones and reaching with strike stat numbers.
Boxfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends