Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just me or does nearly all red wine taste the same regardless of price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
    Im 28 bro got out of the beer phase recently met a nice woman who enjoys wines so I've been drinking more of it lol it all tastes the same to me to be fair. I bought that £189 bottle i listed and feel thoroughly disappointed so far i mean im posting without typos now after a whole bottle Hahaha.
    There's diminishing returns on high end wine like everything else. You can get something perfectly drinkable for under a tenner and unless you're a connoisseur or just a snob (which ain't really the vibe I'm getting off ya, man ) anything more is likely wasted money. Well, I reckon anyway... but then I never paid more than about £50 for a bottle of anything in my life and I ain't about to, so I ain't gonna claim any special knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
      I watch frasier (kelsey grammar) every morning before work its on channel 4 here in the uk early every morning nothing wrong with sherry man its potent!
      **** Frazier is still on channel 4 on a morning I h avent seen that since before school a good 12 years ago. Good show. Theme song something about scrambled eggs. Classic

Comment

Lmao how did this thread not get deleted... So random lol

Comment

a $100 bottle of tequila is totally different than a $20 bottle. Its just if you dont drink it regularly. You dont notice.
          I bet you can tell the difference between a $50 steak and a burger.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
            Agree with white wine. But red? Nah, the cheap stuff is brutal.
            Lol I have had, and gotten dead drunk off of real cheap red wine. Like 3rd world country cheap. Yes it is brutal. But it *****s you up faster than any red wine. I forgot the brand, but it's popular for cooking. I know red wine in general is popular for cooking, but this brand is extra popular for cooking in the country I drank it in.

Any "cheap" red wine sold in the US is 10x better than actual cheap red wine.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Lmao how did this thread not get deleted... So random lol
              Because i already stated it was ment to be in the lounge. I find mods are forgiving if you admit your mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                you must be joking.
                No joke although i will say its 5am here in the uk i have work in an hour and have no hangover whatsoever after the whole bottle of chianti. So it's clean for sure.

Comment

I don't pay more than 20 dollars for a bottle of wine so I wouldn't know what expensive wine taste like.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    There's diminishing returns on high end wine like everything else. You can get something perfectly drinkable for under a tenner and unless you're a connoisseur or just a snob (which ain't really the vibe I'm getting off ya, man ) anything more is likely wasted money. Well, I reckon anyway... but then I never paid more than about £50 for a bottle of anything in my life and I ain't about to, so I ain't gonna claim any special knowledge.
                    That makes sense to me bro, im definitely no connoisseur or snob haha. I did enjoy that chianti wine last night and have woken up hangover free today so there's that. I think in future I'll stick to the £20 or less price. I want to try Merlot next. Spotted a bottle in morrisons for only £8 so I'll snag that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                      **** Frazier is still on channel 4 on a morning I h avent seen that since before school a good 12 years ago. Good show. Theme song something about scrambled eggs. Classic
                      Hahaha its classic man always on in the mornings same as everybody loves Raymond.

Comment

Working...
                      X