Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 11-21-2019, 02:31 PM #491
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
DreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,113.05
Total Points: 21,702.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
I think the party knows what it is, there are just a lot of groups and subgroups where the Republican party is much more ****geneous which makes the messaging much easier. I think free college, ways to clear up debt, and expanding healthcare to all are strong policy initiatives that can work.

I think the hate is amped up because many people have grown tired of Trump and how he embarrasses the country. Just look at what happened in Louisiana last weekend. The Republican candidate just attached himself to Trump. that is the main reason he lost. Of course that isn't going to win a national election.

As for the debate, once a Democratic candidate is named, I am not so sure. Depending who the candidate is will determine a lot.

The key IMO to Trump winning is voter turnout among minority women. This is what has determined a number of races in the South in the heart of Trump country. If Trump can tone his behavior down in such a way that doesn't "piss off the natives" I agree he should win.
That is the problem though, Dunn. The Fed just came out again last week about how our debt is unsustainable and yet somehow paying for college, national healthcare and erasing debt, is somehow doable. We are talking about trillions and trillions of dollars. They writing checks we can't cash.
DreamerUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:37 PM #492
Lieutenant

Quoted: 7524 Post(s)
JimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,036,367.87
Total Points: 1,187,008.62
I'M PLEASED YOU APPRECIATE GUUD WIIINE - Monaco Slim HAVE ANOTHER GLASS - Monaco Slim cheers - -Kev- might need these for the old hag - Shaolin Sword No Message - anthonydavid11 
Good luck with Power Ball and Mega Ball tickets. Good life is just around the corner - siablo14 White is right - Rudyo Schooling em - ΣNΣMY Love your posts - 1bad65 take one for the team - Ogecca MaMa 
Mental chess at it's finest...and on one of the site's most annoying trolls - 1bad65 Thanks for posting - man down 

Quote:
yes it was. Rispone spent a sh-tload of money but had no message other than I am with Trump. He ran a campaign similar to DeSantis in Florida because that campaign was successful. Trump is +13 in Louisiana yet Rispone lost by 2.6. That is almost a 16 point difference.

I do agree he is a centrist Democrat and his pro life position is essential in Louisiana. I also think he was smart to stay away from impeachment talk, which a national Dem candidate for President will not be able to do.

The Louisiana vote, much moreso than Kentucky, was a referendum on Trump. You would be dishonest to suggest otherwise. Doesn't mean Trump will lose.
Attaching himself to Trump was the only thing making his race with Edwards competitive. People forget that Edwards demolished the Republican Vitter in 2015. Rispones campaign used up an enormous amount of cash to defeat Abraham, and afterwards he was running on fumes against Edwards. He only managed to secure the top spot a few months ago, which left him almost no time to campaign against Edwwards.

If you think this is a referendum on Trump, you're going to be in a world of surprise when he exceeds his 2016 numbers in Louisiana come 2020.
JimRaynor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:37 PM #493
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 21277 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 222,805.71
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 "I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't." I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerUSA View Post
That is the problem though, Dunn. The Fed just came out again last week about how our debt is unsustainable and yet somehow paying for college, national healthcare and erasing debt, is somehow doable. We are talking about trillions and trillions of dollars. They writing checks we can't cash.
I think that is where eliminating corporate tax breaks and tuition free college is a huge winner. I would tie the removing the tax breaks with infrastructure as well.

I agree with you about healthcare and debt, I don't think people pay enough attention to those issues. I also don't know how Dems can craft a message on those topics because most people are worried about household income and spending than national spending and debt.

Social security and climate change are expensive as hell as well..
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:46 PM #494
Enemy of the State

The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 "I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't." I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRaynor View Post
Attaching himself to Trump was the only thing making his race with Edwards competitive. People forget that Edwards demolished the Republican Vitter in 2015. Rispones campaign used up an enormous amount of cash to defeat Abraham, and afterwards he was running on fumes against Edwards. He only managed to secure the top spot a few months ago, which left him almost no time to campaign against Edwwards.

If you think this is a referendum on Trump, you're going to be in a world of surprise when he exceeds his 2016 numbers in Louisiana come 2020.
What you are saying (without saying it) is Trump resonates with Republicans but not outside the party. You can run the way Rispone did in the primaries but that no longer works in a wider election.

Yes, DeSantis won, but Kentucky (gov), Alabama (Sen) and the Virginia senate and house flips illustrate Republicans just attaching themselves to Trump need more of a message.

I am not suggesting Trump will lose Louisiana. I am just pointing out that Trump won Louisiana by 20 pts in 2016. Its 2019 and he came down and stumped HEAVY for a big spender who attached himself to Trump and he lost by 2.6 pts.

That is significant even if you will not admit it.

Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-21-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:43 PM #495
Lieutenant

JimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond reputeJimRaynor has a reputation beyond repute
I'M PLEASED YOU APPRECIATE GUUD WIIINE - Monaco Slim HAVE ANOTHER GLASS - Monaco Slim cheers - -Kev- might need these for the old hag - Shaolin Sword No Message - anthonydavid11 
Good luck with Power Ball and Mega Ball tickets. Good life is just around the corner - siablo14 White is right - Rudyo Schooling em - ΣNΣMY Love your posts - 1bad65 take one for the team - Ogecca MaMa 
Mental chess at it's finest...and on one of the site's most annoying trolls - 1bad65 Thanks for posting - man down 

Quote:
What you are saying (without saying it) is Trump resonates with Republicans but not outside the party. You can run the way Rispone did in the primaries but that no longer works in a wider election.

Yes, DeSantis won, but Kentucky (gov), Alabama (Sen) and the Virginia senate and house flips illustrate Republicans just attaching themselves to Trump need more of a message.
You're overlooking the primary reasons why these people lost in attempt to draw a connection with Trump.

Kentucky governor lost because he literally was one of the least liked governors in the whole country. His approval to disapproval was something like 32-56. Even then he lost by only 5k votes, and lost to an extremely moderate democrat.

Alabama Senators race, Doug Jones won because Roy Moore had an innumerable amount of sexual harassment accusations, if Jeff Sessions runs again, if any Republican with a half way decent history runs again Doug Jones is toast and everyone knows this.

As for Virginia, that state has been turning blue from the migration of D.C. and Northern States since 2008, what happened there is absolutely no surprise, just like Ohio and Iowa have now slowly turned fully red.

Quote:
I am not suggesting Trump will lose Louisiana. I am just pointing out that Trump won Louisiana by 20 pts in 2016. Its 2019 and he came down and stumped HEAVY for a big spender who attached himself to Trump and he lost by 2.6 pts.

That is significant even if you will not admit it.

Right which goes to show you, that people think beyond just Trump giving a certain candidate support, they evaluate those candidates on their own merits.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:05 PM #496
Enemy of the State

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRaynor View Post
You're overlooking the primary reasons why these people lost in attempt to draw a connection with Trump.

Kentucky governor lost because he literally was one of the least liked governors in the whole country. His approval to disapproval was something like 32-56. Even then he lost by only 5k votes, and lost to an extremely moderate democrat.

Alabama Senators race, Doug Jones won because Roy Moore had an innumerable amount of sexual harassment accusations, if Jeff Sessions runs again, if any Republican with a half way decent history runs again Doug Jones is toast and everyone knows this.

As for Virginia, that state has been turning blue from the migration of D.C. and Northern States since 2008, what happened there is absolutely no surprise, just like Ohio and Iowa have now slowly turned fully red.

Right which goes to show you, that people think beyond just Trump giving a certain candidate support, they evaluate those candidates on their own merits.
I agree with you about Kentucky and honestly didn't think it was really about Trump (i even posted that in the Trump thread when I commented about Louisiana.)

I would agree Jones is vulnerable. That said, Moore was endorsed and backed by Trump but lost.

The same gameplan DeSantis and others used to win just last year, Rispone used the same gameplan and lost. I think it shows to a degree Trump's coattails are not what they used to be. Again, I am not suggesting this means he will lose.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:12 PM #497
Lieutenant

Quote:
I agree with you about Kentucky and honestly didn't think it was really about Trump (i even posted that in the Trump thread when I commented about Louisiana.)

I would agree Jones is vulnerable. That said, Moore was endorsed and backed by Trump but lost.

The same gameplan DeSantis and others used to win just last year, Rispone used the same gameplan and lost. I think it shows to a degree Trump's coattails are not what they used to be. Again, I am not suggesting this means he will lose.
I agree with you, Trump can help push you over the edge if you are somewhat likeable and running a neck and neck race, like he did DeSantis, but you're not going to win a race by simply just attaching yourself to him, because there is only one Trump, no one else can be him, therefore show us what else you got.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:32 PM #498
Emeritus Champion

Quoted: 5499 Post(s)
BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 98,787.79
Total Points: 470,623,281.65
Thanks man! - .BronzeBomber. cheers enjoy the summer. - Amazinger no disrespect to the hom0s but I don't understand how done guys turn gay with so many fine women in this world  :kiss: - -jose- No Message - jaded Merry Christmas Boston - TBear 
I know WOW she's bad! - -jose- For the efforts thank you man. - Accountoffline what's up Boss I'm going to the Cotto fight pretty excited and sad at the same time thanks for the green amigo hope everything good on your end I miss them funny threads all there is now iss trump or dick threads lol smh - -jose- Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey lol - -jose- 
Medal of honor - jazluvr Merry Christmas - TBear Merry Christmas to you and Family! - Talisayen Thanks! - GhostofDempsey Thanks! - GhostofDempsey 
To a good man... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - GhostofDempsey Have a Merry Christmas - TBear good luck for life - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MDPopescu World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline 

Tonight is gonna be lit! Actually, it isnít...Tulsi isnít participating
BostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:39 PM #499
The ugly American

Quoted: 10268 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,807.86
Total Points: 178,669.20
Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor 
Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf 
Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post
Is Buttigieg the only semi-rational one left at this point?
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:40 PM #500
Contender

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
DJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,439.20
Total Points: 9,819.47
For the donation. - F-R-K-O 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post

Tonight??????
DJ OxXx is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
debate, democrat, presidential, tonight