Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estrada and Gonzalez are crazy if they think they're getting $1 mil for a rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    I seen the fight thrice and never been able to give Estrada more than 4 rounds. Most of his fans know the fight was competitive but Gonzales clearly won. You see them saying things like Estrada had to come down in weight and that's why he ran out of gas. Basically they admit Gonzales pulled away after round 8.

I see no problem with the rematch, but if HBO can find 2.5 mil for Ward vs Barrera, then they can atleast find 1.5 mil for Gonzales vs Estrada. Gonzales holding their feet to the fire, the money needs to be divide more fairly and stop trying to take advantage of smaller fighters.

Also I had Miguel Vasquez beating Mickey Bey. You can check through my post history and see that. I've always said that Terence Crawford was never the LW Lineal Champion because Vasquez was clearly #1 in the division (#2 at worst) and any fight that didn't include him wasn't truly for the lineage, even after getting robbed against Bey.
    You probably have an outstanding bias as IMO thats way too wide and yes he was probably drained which is why people like his chances a lot more now of making it definitive in his direction.

See thats something else. They are not raising purses, Roman hasn't sold any ****ing tickets people aren't dying to see him. Like I said, they deserve big purses bit lets not let the fiight die over the money. It makes sense to see the boxers complain about the money, theyre the ones fighting. But the fans' job is to first and foremost want and ask for the fight to happen, even if they know money will become an obstacle. The purses are for the suits and fighters, we shouldn't be tolerating that if it means one side will just pull away if his demands aren't met.

Romans purse demands are simply too high and I cant see who would be willing to pay him what he wants. Fans want to see the rematch, it may not be fair but Roman needs to be a little more realistic when it comes to the rematch talks.

The only reason I brought up the Vazquez thing is because it sounded like that being Mexican was the only reason people thought it was very close. Plenty of other people believe so and even if you specifically dont, I think enough do that we shouldn't let either fighter get away without doing it.
    Its pretty much fact that they wont get paid well, thats just the world we live in. Hopefully they find the best possible purse and hope none of this business bs ruins yet another fight. Boxing doesnt need any more letdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      seems to work for most of the PBC guys......
      I thought about that, someone countering with that. I came up with an answer to this in my head yesterday when I typed that post. It's not really an answer, it's a rhetorical question: Who is Roman Gonzalez's promoter/manager?

It's not Al Haymon. If you're under Al Haymon, you're gonna see those numbers, if not, not even worth bringing up Haymon guys. It's like who gets paid more, WWE wrestlers or TNA wrestlers, or whatever rival pro wrestling companies? And are WWE wrestlers really the best wrestlers...they're not. But they're under Vince McMahon, McMahon pays well. Al Haymon pays well. If RG goes under Haymon, he gets "PBC guys" type money even though he doesn't deserve it, but he's not a PBC, so he doesn't get the money, and what he's asking for under his circumstances is too much

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Learn spanish, he said that they deserve a million or a good purse but he never put that like a condition to fight.

Really a lot of guys of lower weights deserve a better pay day but the stupid diva that started this was Gonzalez.

He said this like 2 years ago.

And where is that interview of Estrada saying that about 500 k?
        They might "deserve" better pay days cause they always put on good shows but the harsh reality is that they dont bring in the numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X