No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes: "Rocky Marciano was a BUM!!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
    Holmes was one bad dude in his prime, had a mean streak in the ring, and the hardest hitting jab in Boxing history. Larry was 6'3" 220, and would have bust apart Marciano no doubt. Not to say Marciano was not an all time great; he was. Holmes in his prime, too big, too strong would blow up a 5'10" 185lb Rocky Marciano.
    I think its obvious Holmes would beat Marciano but I think he was referencing being felt robbed against Spinks,which he was not,he lost the first fight legitamtly. I don't believe hes a racist either, as a matter of fact I know he isn't b/c I know guys who went out to dinner with him and one was trained underhim at HW. I do think he has a closeted bitterness towards white Hw's for whatever reason ,could be the whole Cooney thing which they are friends anyway.

Comment

I just ran into him last week at Burger King 25th st. Easton, Pa. He could not be any more of a nice guy with everyone. There was a mixed race of people waiting in line and he shook hands and said hi to everyone. Ordered some nuggets and walked out again saying good afternoon to everyone.

Racist? I say no way!

Tuff MF yes.

I say he is very under rated with 20 successful title defenses, victories over Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton, Muhammad Ali, Mike Weaver, Gerry Cooney, Tim Witherspoon, Carl Williams and Marvis Frazier thats a great resume. 48-0 just short of Marciano's record by one fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Smh, Trump had absolutely nothing to do with thread until you insinuated he was a racist from out of the blue.

Doesn't that in itself seem, well.......racist?
        So tell me why you defending a an american who has not for the last 45 years inspired anybody Rocky Marciano, if you took a vote most Americans and I say Americans would think of Rocky Balboa as the greatest heavyweight champion you fool:gay:

Comment

Marciano was a great heavyweight. It seems if you aren't a jab, jab type fighter you r a bum?
          God built us differently, so we fight different . Larry would beat marcviuasno but rocky would have his moments.

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
            I just ran into him last week at Burger King 25th st. Easton, Pa. He could not be any more of a nice guy with everyone. There was a mixed race of people waiting in line and he shook hands and said hi to everyone. Ordered some nuggets and walked out again saying good afternoon to everyone.

Racist? I say no way!

Tuff MF yes.

I say he is very under rated with 20 successful title defenses, victories over Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton, Muhammad Ali, Mike Weaver, Gerry Cooney, Tim Witherspoon, Carl Williams and Marvis Frazier thats a great resume. 48-0 just short of Marciano's record by one fight.
            He would have got that 49 ,he fought Spinks with a injury , ruptured spine that the drs advised him not to fight as a bad hit had a slim chance to cause paralysis .Thats why he didnt throw the right hand much in fear of getting hit.

He could of showed everybody how to throw a chicken Mcjab if it was at McDonalds!

Comment

Just reactionary tribalism from Holmes - he sees Whites taking over boxing, and is trying to discredit one of the greatest heavyweightd of all time. Head to head I would favor Holmes, doe

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post

Racist? I say no way!

Tuff MF yes.

Lol marvis frazier

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                  This guy always thought he was much better than he was just because he beat an old, broken-down Muhammad Ali. He has **** to say about almost everyone.
                  in Larry's defense, he was one of the most dominant heavyweight champions of all time.

Larry was a much better fighter overall than Marciano and if you look at who both of them fought its obvious who fought better competition. Larry

If you want to bring in a broken down ali, you cant forget Marciano's best wins are over past prime fighters. Moore and Walcott were closer to 40 than 35 and Charles was an ATG but his best weight was 175 and he started at 160. Louis was washed up and a shell of his former self.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    in Larry's defense, he was one of the most dominant heavyweight champions of all time.

Larry was a much better fighter overall than Marciano and if you look at who both of them fought its obvious who fought better competition. Larry

If you want to bring in a broken down ali, you cant forget Marciano's best wins are over past prime fighters. Moore and Walcott were closer to 40 than 35 and Charles was an ATG but his best weight was 175 and he started at 160. Louis was washed up and a shell of his former self.
                    Holmes was like 16 yrs older than Tyson when they fought as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      Larry Holmes hates white people, nothing new here.
                      kinda hard not to in america when you grew up during segregation and during the civil rights movement.

All the work he put in and fighters he beat is waaaaaaaay better than Marciano. Marciano would have took an L having to face Ray Mercer, Norton, Shavers, Witherspoon, ETC.

When he was champ he didnt get much love because he followed Ali. I can understand why he'd be a little irritated because in his time he was underappreciated and Marciano was highly overrated and beloved

Lets be real....Marciano at 185 and 5'10" with a less than 70' reach wouldnt be able to compete with the greatest heavies era. He fought in a thin era dominated by former light heavyweights.

Ali, Holmes, Liston, Foreman, both Klitschko's, Frazier, etc slaughter the Rock.

Comment

Working...
                      X