Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HBO looking to fire Andre Ward from their broadcast team?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can anyone want to to hear Ward on there? He had to be the most boring analyst in boxing period. Here was a guy who said himself: "I don't want to say too much about a fighter who is a potential opponent" while he was actually supposed to be adding color commentary to a fight.

He simply does not have the personality to gather a listeners attention. He means well, but it could have been a super exciting fight, and he would still be all monotone.

Comment

U know ur a nuthugger when ur more worry with a boxers commentary than he's fight schedule haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
        U know ur a nuthugger when ur more worry with a boxers commentary than he's fight schedule haha
        Who are you referring to here?

Comment

That would be a good thing for his career. Irish Andre needs to get his ass back in the ring.

Comment

how are they taking shots at ward? buy saying he needs to get in the ring and fight. they kiss his ass more than any fighter in the game.... how many times do we hear that Ward in there minds is the fighters with best skill set in the world. dumbass thread.

Comment

I think even the biggest Ward fans are frustrated by his inactivity. I mean why exactly is he taking 9 months off after ending 19 months of inactivity vs. Smith? He signed with RNS in January 2015 and his second fight with them is scheduled for March 2016? Realistically, he should have fought three times in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I think even the biggest Ward fans are frustrated by his inactivity. I mean why exactly is he taking 9 months off after ending 19 months of inactivity vs. Smith? He signed with RNS in January 2015 and his second fight with them is scheduled for March 2016? Realistically, he should have fought three times in 2015.
                This. No one should be happy with his last few years in boxing & even where things are at now that don't have the benefit of the usage of his bank account. And the reality is we are still 7-12 months from him being in the type of fight fans wanna see him in vs Kovalev.

As for Ward's HBO commentary job my assumption would be thats part of his fight contract to to some degree & it wouldn't surprise me to find out he has that gig as long as he gots a HBO contract, at least at this stage of the game. I can't recall HBO ever getting rid of a guy while he was fighting on HBO still anyway.

Plus I'd hardly call these remarks as that bad. Hell even the Lampley tirade on Haymon sounded like a parent mildly upset that another parent brought snickerdoodles to a school function than anything THAT serious or to be taken THAT much offense to.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  That would be a good thing for his career. Irish Andre needs to get his ass back in the ring.
                  His inactivity is a disgrace to his Irish ancestors

Comment

Who cares! HBO sucks. I mean either you know or not, or take boxings cliche outlet such as HBO boxing for granted, then you're missing out on Skysports, Box Azteca, or Showtime. Now PBC. I can settle for Marv Albert any day over Lampley. I hate that goon.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                      His inactivity is a disgrace to his Irish ancestors
                      Ward needs to walk out to the ring with an Irish flag again.

Comment

Working...
                      X