Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mastertech1985's the ones we missed: first up is Manny Pacquaio vs Israel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, Izzy used to spar with PAC...not sure if there are youtube vids but i think they used to work together

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      IIRC, Izzy used to spar with PAC...not sure if there are youtube vids but i think they used to work together
      im sure about videos but I do remember both being world champs at the wild card, and Izzy was trained by Freddie Roach and Rudy Perez

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
        It doesn't change my opinion on who I think would win between Vazquez and Pacquiao. However the points you make about Rafa are very interesting. But I still think Pacquiao beats Rafa.
        izzy was a hearts and guts warrior who was at a height, reach, weight, speed, power disadvantage. he was also a bleeder.

he'd have a slim chance. pressure fighters don't do well with punchers. this is a puncher with speed and size advantage who had even better stamina.

not good.

rafa if he keep his cool, could have done what jmm did. maybe if the chin holds up.

Comment

I'd have to say Pac would beat him. Overwhelm him with speed and power.

Comment

Here is a heavily edited video of them sparring. Pac would have been too fast for vasquez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowtIY4auDY

Comment

I would favor Pacquiao over almost anyone at Super Bantamweight including Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez. Don't get my wrong they were both very good fighters but Pacquiao is just on another level.

Comment

Manny and izzy would have been a great action fight, but manny at 122 was a monster and would stop izzy late

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
                  Vazquez got a shot at Larios and lost in 2002....even though he didn't have a belt he still was a top contender....
                  That was a rematch and it was a hell of a fight. One of the best FNF ever.

Manny would have beaten both but Larios would have been the hardest fight fight for him at 122 at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                    That was a rematch and it was a hell of a fight. One of the best FNF ever.

Manny would have beaten both but Larios would have been the hardest fight fight for him at 122 at that time.
                    Indeed....a fresher, faster, younger version....would've been closer than when they fought @ 130....larios is a bit underrated in my book
                    Last edited by therealpugilist; 03-22-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X