Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible match ups for KHAN. Excluding Floyd and Manny.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible match ups for KHAN. Excluding Floyd and Manny.

Maidana rematch - Would show who has improved more over the years and a great match up between two exciting fighters. Can Khan beat Maidana better than Floyd or will Maidana finally clip him for good.

Garcia rematch - We'll get to see whether Garcia can repeat what he had done in the first fight or whether Khan can keep himself from getting clipped and simply out box Garcia to a wide UD.

Peterson rematch (If anyone is still interested in that, although I don't think he deserves the pay day because he's a cheat)

Kell Brook - Obviously a huge mega fight for the UK fans and career high pay days for both fighters, Khan MAY just be the favourite but Brook would be a huge threat since he's stronger, bigger and has enough power for Amir.

Marquez - Should be a good name to add to Khan's resume and a respectable stay busy fight against an ATG (whom many think beat Bradley), both would be paid well.

Bradley - Good fight, we'd see who has the superior skills and athletic ability and who wants the win more. Bradley would make it a rough fight for sure, a 50/50 fight.

Porter - He lost a close fight to Brook and if Khan can beat him in better fashion it'll make him look even better, whether or not Khan can keep Porter off him is what makes it intriguing as he's very strong and can potentially put Khan on the canvas.

I'm sure I've missed some names but I left Thurman out deliberately because if Khan beat him it wouldn't enhance his resume and Thurman would be seen as a hype job bum who was circling around a 40 year old gun shy Bundu albeit beating him comfortably over 12 rounds.

Overall Khan has plenty of options if he doesn't get the top 2 guys in the division, a ton of money to be made and a lot of exciting fights to be enjoyed.

1. Beat up broner after a twitter call out.post pics of his maidana left overs
    dropping himand brushing his hair.
    ask for it to be held at wembley.

2.if no broner. Call out danny garcia for a rematch

3.last resort. Take on the boogeyman supposedly. Thurman tell him to come
    Bolton or england

Make brook fight in the us for a year

Comment

i would be delighted with khan-brook or khan-maidana ii. i'm not sure khan deserves a rematch with garcia - the first fight was conclusive and a second would likely turn out similarly in my opinion. if marquez hasn't aged too horribly i think he's also a terrible style match-up for khan and would level him. but i don't expect marquez to fight again except maybe to cash in with one last pacquiao fight. peterson and porter don't excite me much as opponents right now. khan-bradley would be phenomenal - the most interesting fight to be made at welterweight besides the obvious one - but it can't happen any time soon with the network/promotional divide still an issue.

Comment

Nope .garcia was getting picked apart and then amir ran into 5 left hooks .
        never adapted.

He has hunter and he will fight smart and beat danny up.i see a 9-3 type rematch at 147. Amir is marter and has better defense.

Danny has to stop amir and this time he wont

Comment

Brook
          Garcia
          Maidana
          Bradley
          Pac

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            i would be delighted with khan-brook or khan-maidana ii. i'm not sure khan deserves a rematch with garcia - the first fight was conclusive and a second would likely turn out similarly in my opinion. if marquez hasn't aged too horribly i think he's also a terrible style match-up for khan and would level him. but i don't expect marquez to fight again except maybe to cash in with one last pacquiao fight. peterson and porter don't excite me much as opponents right now. khan-bradley would be phenomenal - the most interesting fight to be made at welterweight besides the obvious one - but it can't happen any time soon with the network/promotional divide still an issue.
            Khan doesn't deserve a rematch? Whatever happened to boxing is a business, Khan would bring Garcia more money than Herrera and Salsa ever could. Are you a Danny Gift Garcia fan by any chance?

Comment

I swear Porter & Marquez would end Khan's life in the ring. Not even joking.
              It all depends if they decide to go for broke.

Comment

Probably end up with Guerrero. Don't think CBS will fork out another $30mill for Money vs Khan nor do I see Garcia agreeing to a rematch. Khan would fight smarter this time and end all those high paying Salka fights for Danny.

Comment

khan vs brook is the fight he needs too take.

rivalry
                  biggest payday
                  home fight

what is the problem?

khan shouldn't be considering anything else. if no Floyd/manny

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
                    Khan doesn't deserve a rematch? Whatever happened to boxing is a business, Khan would bring Garcia more money than Herrera and Salsa ever could. Are you a Danny Gift Garcia fan by any chance?
                    i am not a garcia fan, but the first fight told me everything i needed to know about this match-up. danny has khan's number. i hope you're not one of these delusional people who believe it was a lucky punch. i would of course choose garcia-khan ii above garcia-salsa, but what i really want for garcia now is some exciting new opponents. or if he must be involved in rematches then i would rather see garcia-herrera ii or even garcia-matthysse ii.

Comment

Working...
                    X