Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floy Mayweather . deserves to be Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy watching Mayweather but neither of his 2013 fights have earned him fighter of the year. Yes he performed well but, prior to being named Mayweather opponents, neither Guerrero nor Alvarez were top 25 P4P fighters and neither are currentley in the top 30 P4P.

Bradley on the other hand in 2013 defeated the current 140 champion and defeated the P4P#3 fighter in the world. Bradley should be named fighter of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
      bradley should also be in the running for his FOTY plus a victory over a ATG
      For what 3 gift decisions

Comment

stop you crying haters and detractors he is definitely one of the 3 or 4 candidates for fighter FOTY.

Mayweather, Stevenson, Garcia, Rigondeaux make strong cases for fighter of the year.

Mayweather has been beating world class opposition over 15 years so his level of opposition is very consistent. He is not gonna do something in the ring we dont expect out of him unless he beats a middleweight or lightheavyweight

Guerrero was a decent fighter and Canelo was groomed to be the next star in boxing, had 15 pounds on him in the ring, and the same ones crying about the outcome of the fight are just disappointed Mayweather didnt get knocked out of loose. First you said he wouldnt fight him, but soon as the fight was signed, excuses were already being made.

Mayweather is ranked number 1 in two different weight classes, 2 ring belts wbc at 154 and wba and wbc at 154.... no one else in boxing can say that

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          stop you crying haters and detractors he is definitely one of the 3 or 4 candidates for fighter FOTY.

Mayweather, Stevenson, Garcia, Rigondeaux make strong cases for fighter of the year.

Mayweather has been beating world class opposition over 15 years so his level of opposition is very consistent. He is not gonna do something in the ring we dont expect out of him unless he beats a middleweight or lightheavyweight

Guerrero was a decent fighter and Canelo was groomed to be the next star in boxing, had 15 pounds on him in the ring, and the same ones crying about the outcome of the fight are just disappointed Mayweather didnt get knocked out of loose. First you said he wouldnt fight him, but soon as the fight was signed, excuses were already being made.

Mayweather is ranked number 1 in two different weight classes, 2 ring belts wbc at 154 and wba and wbc at 154.... no one else in boxing can say that
          it seems you're the one crying when you see a lot of posters didn't vote for floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

LOL shut yur gay azz up the 154 is only on paper .. Danny Garcia has earned it he was the underdog who proved the boxing world wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
              it seems you're the one crying when you see a lot of posters didn't vote for floyd.
              you must be one of the crybabies

the same ones everyday who has an agenda. Mayweather winning FOTY isnt paying any of my bills so I couldnt care less if he did win or didnt.

But you have to be a straight hater....like yourself, if you think he doesnt deserve consideration.

Comment

Mikey Garcia. He won 2 world titles in 2 different weight divisions, and had 1 title defense. The opponents were Salido, JuanMa, & Martinez. All are solid or decent names. He dominated all three.

But, if we look at fighter of the year as being awarded to guys who had a breakthrough year, then we must consider other guys, too. Breakthrough means these guys are on the cusp of superstardom or elite-level boxing, future P4P #1's, even.

So, in this regard, I must consider, also, Danny Garcia, who had a great year, too. However, I think 2012 was a better year to award Garcia with fighter of the year, given the huge upset against Khan and title unification at 140.

I must admit my ignorance, since I do not really follow the higher weight classes. I have a pretty good knowledge of fighters from 168 lb. to 112 lb.

So, all in all, I would award it to Mikey Garcia for his 2 world titles in 2 weight classes. This guy is on the cusp of superstardom or elite-level P4P #1 caliber boxing. I expect world titles for Mikey at 135, 140, and maybe even 147.
                Last edited by sparkman0811; 12-25-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                  LOL shut yur gay azz up the 154 is only on paper .. Danny Garcia has earned it he was the underdog who proved the boxing world wrong
                  So its Mayweathers fault he is never gonna be an underdog unless he is at a size advantage...no

If Garcia won I would be happy for him...if he didnt I wont lose any sleep, he does deserve consideration.

As far as 154, rankings are on paper and online fool. Face the facts....Cotto was ranked in the top 3 so was Canelo when he beat him therefore he is number one.....Let it go

Comment

Keeping the 0 on his record i dont see why i cant be fighter of the year.

although i think there are more worthy candidates for this. lol

Comment

Hes not even second best fighter of they year, let alone the best.

Beating two fighters who aren't ranked in the top 20 p4p what is so good about that, and one was at a CW? If he beat 4 people in a year and had a few kos as well, maybe.

But for someone who does so little it is reaching to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                      X