Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we ever find out how man ppv's Pac Rios sold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Did you see anything on Pac Rios?
    no, i thought you said the official numbers were out for the guerrero-floyd fight. hence why i asked.

i believe pac-rios did about 1,000 buys. maybe 750 if they're lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Warring Don View Post
      The Official Numbers for the fight with Guererro and Canelo havent been released. The numbers are just numbers people threw out there and people are taking it like its a fact. The last time we head Official numbers from Floyd was for the Cotto fight.

As for Pacqiuao Official numbers have not been released for a long time. Mosely, Marquez 3, Bradley, Marquez 4... Now they havent released these ones as well. Different people just throw an estimate out there and people believeit.

I like seeing how much a pay per view sold. its interesting,
      Exactly! The last thing I heard about the numbers was D.ick predicting 2.2 million, but it could be more than 2.4 million as the numbers were still coming in... Nothing has been confirmed though...

Comment

Originally posted by Warring Don View Post
        The Official Numbers for the fight with Guererro and Canelo havent been released. The numbers are just numbers people threw out there and people are taking it like its a fact. The last time we head Official numbers from Floyd was for the Cotto fight.

As for Pacqiuao Official numbers have not been released for a long time. Mosely, Marquez 3, Bradley, Marquez 4... Now they havent released these ones as well. Different people just throw an estimate out there and people believeit.

I like seeing how much a pay per view sold. its interesting,
        Last Saturday's Showtime Pay Per View-televised fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Robert Guerrero is "definitely going to exceed a million pay per view buys," according to Stephen Espinoza, executive vice president and general manager of Showtime sports.
        http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...llion-ppv-buys

"There were early reports as early as Tuesday, 72 hours after the fight, about what the (PPV) results had been, which is really way too early, from my perspective, to speak meaningfully about this," Espinoza said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

"So when enough data had come in that we were able to speak meaningfully, which was probably Friday, that's when we went ahead and confirmed that we will definitely be over a million buys. I'm not sure exactly how much over a million it will be, whether it be a little or a lot over a million, a lot of that depends on how some of the lagging buys come in and are reported over the next few weeks, but we definitely hit the million buy threshold."
        http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/13...o-pay-per-view

We still don't have complete numbers, but we've seen the dish numbers and some of the cable numbers to be comfortable saying we will definitely exceed 1 million buys," Espinoza said Friday. "We can't tell how much it will exceed 1 million, though. That's going to be determined by the reporting [from cable systems] that will come in over the next few weeks."
        http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-per-view-buys

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          no, i thought you said the official numbers were out for the guerrero-floyd fight. hence why i asked.

i believe pac-rios did about 1,000 buys. maybe 750 if they're lucky

Comment

Idk if you were trying to contest the claim that the official numbers for the Ghost/Money fight were released with those links, but if you were then your contestation failed. Those links only show speculation of what the numbers might be. They don't actually confirm the numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
              Idk if you were trying to contest the claim that the official numbers for the Ghost/Money fight were released with those links, but if you were then your contestation failed. Those links only show speculation of what the numbers might be. They don't actually confirm the numbers...
              So when enough data had come in that we were able to speak meaningfully, which was probably Friday, that's when we went ahead and confirmed that we will definitely be over a million buys.
              So when the Executive Vice President of Showtime Stephen Espinoza confirmed the fight did over 1 million buys that means nothing? He speaks for SHO and CBS, who are you expecting to say it? Les Moonves?

Who confirms the numbers for HBO? Jesus?

Comment

Do we care? That's a better question. Who cares about PPV numbers period? By far one of he stupidest ways of "comparing" fighters.

Comment

Oscar is still the ppv king I see.

And on topic I can't find those numbers yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Do we care? That's a better question. Who cares about PPV numbers period? By far one of he stupidest ways of "comparing" fighters.
                    It means everything in the world when comparing Pac-Floyd. The split issue is a big deal between them......surely you know this.

Comment

Working...
                    X