Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When has Floyd last fought a great counterpuncher ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez. Who was suckered and bamboozled and cheated and taken advantage of by a bully.

Comment

Marquez...................

Comment

Marquez is probably the best pure Counterpuncher out there right now, as he counters with combinations. Floyd took that away from him with his timing and range. He turned Marquez into the the aggressor, and it did not fit well for Marquez, as he shines best when getting attacked.

Comment

Mayweather struggles with fighters who use there jab cotto had success with t so did delahoya I see canelo giving him trouble by mayweather will decision him

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            castillo was a great counterpuncher, but he often moved forward.

cotto has great counters as well, but he's not a counterpuncher. he's more of a boxer, especially today.

it's honestly best to lead with mayweather. outwork him. try, anyway. playing a counterpunching game with the best fighter on the planet is a bad idea. ask marquez. admittedly, marquez was way too small that night, and looked like he was fighitng his older brother.
            Lara is a technically skilled, crafty, counterpuncher...he could definitely play the counterpunching game and beat Floyd...

Comment

Canelo is overrated. He lost to Trout, he sure as fu.ck ain't beating Lara or anybody else worth a damn either. Would he even beat Vanes? I don't think so.

I'm actually p1ssed off at the people who demanded this fight like it was some legitimate threat.
              That desperate for a Manny replacement they hype some guy totally made to order.

Could of had Lara, instead we have some mediocre plodder made too order, great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                I never understood why people like oscar states, that to beat floyd you have to bumrush him and pressure him nonestop.

To me that plays right into floyds hands, that way he can pick you apart coming in all night long.
                And even more telling is that the one thing all floyds victories since the Oscar fight have in common, is that all of these guys have zero counterunching ability and all try walk floyd down.

I know that Castillo had some succes doing so, but floyd aint that guy enyone, and Castillo lost.

Cotto witch is not a great counterpuncher, was having good succes waiting until the right moment and then explode.

To me Canelo posses the exact right tools that could hurt floyd and win the fight, namly fast explosiv countecomboes.

This fight is really a hardcore match up

I disagree with the part about counter puncher specifically but I get where you are going that you have to be a good boxer to beat mayweather, not a pressure fighter. A good jab is very important. DLH, Judah and Cotto all won the most rounds against floyd and a jab is largely why.

Floyds good at finding what works to win, with JMM he made him lead, with Zab he was loosing the first rounds when Zab was leading because Zab was faster and beating him to the punch with the jab so he started pressing zab and backing him up and thats when he started winning rounds, roger saw it too and told him between the early rounds and floyd listened so roger isnt completely useless.

Hearns is the perfect style to beat floyd, ignoring his power completely. I dont expect a KO, floyd will be thinking about that right hand the entire training camp and the entire fight, he wont get knocked out but Hearns will win with his jab, reach and speed alone based on their styles.

Comment

way to beat mayweather is with a little bit of golovkin mixed with rigondeaux

pressure, land some hits and run to not get hit for the rest of the round

Comment

Marquez became a come forward fighter when he fought Floydweather.
                    He had to. Floyd would not come forward.

Comment

speaking of which TS, robert guerrero tried this strategy, and failed miserably, like marquez did, made floyd look prime

Comment

Working...
                      X