Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlas: "there was some of bradley/ of provodnikov left in that ring...t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR somethng of bradley was left in the ring of the pac fight, when he left w a sprained left ankle nd stress fracture in his right foot, both feet in casts i seen in one interview a few weeks after thier fight..
    bc provodnikov treated bradley like a bully on a playgroud, it looked like an 8th grader vsca 6th grader

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Was atlas insinuating that Provo might be on drugs?
      Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      Thats basically what I got out of it, teddy makes it seem like ruslan just turned into a power puncher overnight.
      No, I can see why you guys thought that as I thought he was going there too, but I don't think that is what he was saying.

Anyway, Bradley has looked iffy at 147 for three fights now. Time for him to move back down.

Comment

Bradley will be boring from now on... He has the ability to be boring so it doesn't really matter... the only dangerous fight for Bradley will be JMM cause of those power pellets... ped powered fists might destroy his already cracked chin

Comment

I think Teddy was saying Provodnikov was on PEDs lol...

Comment

Teddy Atlas is a great boxing mind, people need to realize he knows Freddy Roach dirt with his fighters (who are usually find guilty or accused of PEDs). It makes one wonder why he will state his words in the manner he just did. He also noted the amount of work Prod had to overcome in losing weight and in little time to the fight, suggesting he had to use some edge in the fight. ****... I believe him

Comment

Teddy was suggesting that whatever the reason was that Ruslan looked the way that he did against Bradley, was because of Bradley. He was more or less suggesting that he knows both fighters and knows Ruslan isn't a HUGE puncher but appeared to be so because Bradley just wasn't himself on that night.

At least that's what I took from it. I think if Teddy thought Ruslan was using, he would have said it, he's very outspoken.

Comment

I can see where people are getting the PEDs thing from, but break down what he says afterwards:

[B]My goodness, he looked like George Foreman. He looked like a wrecking ball the other night.

Part of it is he caught him clean…I get it, but I'm concerned about how much of a part of it is something else.

Is part of it some of the wear and tear during his career from amateur to pro? Or is part of it…see, I look at everything. Or is part of it the weight that he took off.

That concerns me, because when I saw him touched, when I saw him hit with those punches, I saw Bradley affected in a bigger way than I have ever seen him affected.

And again, he made Provodnikov look like Joe Frazier and George Foreman all in one. And he is not that kind of puncher, so it concerns me.
                So his point is that Bradley's poor punch resistance made Provodnikov look like the kind of puncher that he really isn't. His point isn't about Ruslan's power, it's about the signs of damage that Bradley is showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Thats basically what I got out of it, teddy makes it seem like ruslan just turned into a power puncher overnight.
                  Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
                  I think Teddy was saying Provodnikov was on PEDs lol...
                  That's what I thought too but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  I can see where people are getting the PEDs thing from, but break down what he says afterwards:

So his point is that Bradley's poor punch resistance made Provodnikov look like the kind of puncher that he really isn't. His point isn't about Ruslan's power, it's about the signs of damage that Bradley is showing.
                  I can see that angle but I still think he was touching on all of the above, he talked about Bradley coming back to camp too heavy too but he was very careful when he said the Provo bit... Him saying he has watch him over and over again and he has never shown that sort of power is telling me more than him referring to Bradley's poor punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    I think, Provodnikov didn't leave everything in there. His face was swollen due to the many shots that scathed his face, but let's remember, it's Bradley. Dude is a V6 Camaro or Mustang. All muscle and no pop.
                    I think if anyone left a lot in the ring, it was Bradley. Dude took a beating all over the place and some how pulled it out of his a$$ to get the decision. Provodnikov left his workout/energy in the ring, but I don't think he's completely battle worn after that.
                    Taking that many shots by a pro boxer isn't good. Both suffered in that fight, and I agree with Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Was atlas insinuating that Provo might be on drugs?
                      Or that his gloves were loaded?

Comment

Working...
                      X