Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made a mistake in the twelfth last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a mistake in the twelfth last night...

... I misheard the announcement that it was the last round, I thought it was the eleventh.

My plan from the start was to give the fans some excitement. There's no way Andre Ward could beat me - there really isn't. But I thought who wants to see another one-sided domination from The Cobra? Why not give the fans a treat?

I said to myself "Carl, slow down on the lightning fast handspeed. Loosen up your Pep-like defence. Just this one, make it look as if a fight's in the balance." I was going to lead everyone on then banjo Ward in the last.

Like I said, I misheard the call for the last round. Next time I won't make that mistake... I'll knock Andre Ward spark out in the first.

Comment

Andre knows the truth. So much so he'll avoid giving me another shot. He's a bit like Joe Calzaghe in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Froch View Post
        ... I misheard the announcement that it was the last round, I thought it was the eleventh.

My plan from the start was to give the fans some excitement. There's no way Andre Ward could beat me - there really isn't. But I thought who wants to see another one-sided domination from The Cobra? Why not give the fans a treat?

I said to myself "Carl, slow down on the lightning fast handspeed. Loosen up your Pep-like defence. Just this one, make it look as if a fight's in the balance." I was going to lead everyone on then banjo Ward in the last.

Like I said, I misheard the call for the last round. Next time I won't make that mistake... I'll knock Andre Ward spark out in the first.
        the point giver strikes again to help young Carl rise above e-poverty.

:ROCK:

Comment

You can be a betting man sitting infront of your computer every day, watching, reading boxing. But there's no coming around the fact that Cobra chose to lose last night.

ATG GOAT!!!!!!

Undisputed fact?!

Comment

Carl i had a feeling you would lose last night. David Haye never sung your praises like you did David haye and we know he went on to lose to Wlad.

So it wasnt looking good for you last night and you had it all to do.

Comment

great show last night carl. you make europe proud. i honestly thought you could beat ward, but regardless you are a top fighter and bute is waiting. what happened to kessler, abraham after their losses in super 6??? stay active man you are the best & thanks for great shows!!

Comment

Froch purposely looked bad to lure Lucian Bute into a fight.

Comment

Ward's in a different league as much as I love you Carl (no ****) I dont see him losing to anyone anytime soon. The domestic guys will be calling you out pretty soon maybe you should give them a shot if the money's right or you could wait for Kessler to pick up the WBO and see if he wants a rematch.

Bute wouldn't want it unless he has it all his own way so if you dont mind travelling to Canada and potentially being done up a dodgy decision then go for it but thats the money fight.

Comment

Thanks for posting your thoughts Carl, good performance last night, you did your best.

Comment

Working...
                    X