Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jack- View Post
    I'm thinking about getting an Ipad.

Go ahead. Call me a faggot.
    You and me both... I would wait for the 2nd gen to come out near the end of the year though. Pretty sure it will have a front and back facing camera and a bigger HD...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      You and me both... I would wait for the 2nd gen to come out near the end of the year though. Pretty sure it will have a front and back facing camera and a bigger HD...
      A small macbook would do you much better. Did you ever try typing on a ipad, its terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Just use it as a hoopty phone, if you can call an iphone a hoopty phone.
        That's what I've been doing so far. I think it was a year ago when the latch from the silent switch fell off. Also, the battery on this thing doesn't hold a charge as well as it used to. This phone was good to me, been had it for over 2 years now, I'll be happy to retire this bad boy and get me an iPhone 4.

I'm impressed by how the 720p video capture looks on the iPhone, the 5.0MP captures are a little washed out though.. I'm hoping Apple corrects that in a future iOS update.

This video doesn't do it justice, the original source looks much better since you can watch it at 720p, nonetheless it still looks great for a tiny camera lens.

http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4-c...-video-sample/

Comment

A small macbook would do you much better. Did you ever try typing on a ipad, its terrible.
          Ive done full on research on every netbook on the market...

First and foremost almost none of them can touch 10 hours of battery life.

It's thinner and lighter than all of the netbooks.

I personally love it for the web browsing experience alone...

I wouldn't compare it too a computer IMO... it serves different purposes... they both have positives and negatives..

I like the size, the battery life, the OS, and the web experience.. along with music and movies...

Comment

I wouldn't compare it too a computer IMO... it serves different purposes... they both have positives and negatives..

I like the size, the battery life, the OS, and the web experience.. along with music and movies...
            Its missing a lot of features available on netbooks, USB and flash capability for ex. To each his own, but its basically half a macbook that is a slightly more powerful itouch.

Comment

Its missing a lot of features available on netbooks, USB and flash capability for ex. To each his own, but its basically half a macbook that is a slightly more powerful itouch.
              Most people say what's the point of a bigger touch?

I for one think a lot.

For one... I dont want to watch a movie on a 3" screen, just because I can.

I don't really want to surf the web on a 3" screen, just because I can.

Now it's a lot more mobile being small so it useful if you WANT or HAVE to do those things... but on a full 9" screen, the experience is WAY better.

I agree on the USB and card slots... but I can still put all my digital media on the thing regardless of that... The positives blatantly outweigh the negatives.

The new HP slate does in fact have USB and even HDMI out.. but it depends on the windows 7 OS, which seems great but overall the OS is meant for a computer and not a touch pad.

It works.. but it doesnt have the usability of Apples mobile OS.

Comment

Updating only makes sense when Apple can offer something that jailbreaking already didn't offer first.

I'll keep my old OS and use my backgrounder for multi-tasking.

Folders, I can do without.

I do plan on getting the iPhone 4 though.

I gotta wait till i'm eligible for an upgrade though (Feb. 2011).

By then the iPhone 4Gs will probably be out.

Comment

Originally posted by ARCHAIC View Post
                  Updating only makes sense when Apple can offer something that jailbreaking already didn't offer first.

they already cracked iOS 4, it was released to Devs a couple weeks ago

the jailbreak should be out in the next couple days

Comment

...assuming AT&T even has 4G capabilities by then.

I hear they're gonna have to put up a bunch of new towers to get it.

Comment

Word?? Maybe I'll wait.
                      Not really getting it for typing.

Exactly.

Originally posted by ARCHAIC View Post

Further proof that you are whiter than the filling in an Oreo cookie. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X