Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who looked more shot Oscar or Roy Jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who looked more shot Oscar or Roy Jones??

I say Oscar.

He was a dead man with boxing gloves on.
    Oscar aginst Pac
    83.87%
    Roy against Joe
    16.13%

Roy Jones Jr. went the distance and almost had his man out in the first round, Oscar on the other hand was a skeleton with boxing gloves on.

Comment

Yea Oscar quit on his stool in the 8th...Roy dropped Joe and went on to go the distance.

Did Oscar and a punch.

Comment

Oscar definately... Roy isn't the fighter he once was, but because he lost to Joe... he's suddenly shot. Roy still has some gold to offer the sport. Just because someone loses to Joe Calzaghe doesn't make them shot fighters. Oscar on the other hand... just hasn't looked comfortable in the ring for several fights. He's been slowing down since the Hopkins stoppage.

Comment

How biased is the poster?

A 10.

Comment

DLH, at least Jones still has his handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              DLH, at least Jones still has his handspeed.
              As well as the power to go with it. Oscar has lost basically all of his speed as well. I actually re-watched the Forbes fight the other day, and after seeing it in hindsight I don't know how so many people picked against Pac, including me. His face got busted up really quick, he was slow and there were so many opportunities that he just couldn't capitalise on. It was a very telling performance. He also looked slightly drained in that fight too, he had that same odd, skinny forearm, flabby middle look about him that was ten times worse in the Pac fight. Sad.

Anyway, Jones was still quite good actually. He would have beaten most of the top guys in that fight against Calzaghe or certainly made it close. If you had never seen Jones Jr fight before he would have looked like a very good opponent that got beat, whereas if you had never seen Oscar before you would have thought he was an old man that should just not be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                Oscar definately... Roy isn't the fighter he once was, but because he lost to Joe... he's suddenly shot. Roy still has some gold to offer the sport. Just because someone loses to Joe Calzaghe doesn't make them shot fighters. Oscar on the other hand... just hasn't looked comfortable in the ring for several fights. He's been slowing down since the Hopkins stoppage.
                No. He was KO'd twice by a man (Tarver) he beat twice (Ametuar and pro) and KO'd by Johnson...both are way older than Joe, and faired better agaisnt Roy. I agree on Oscar though.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  As well as the power to go with it. Oscar has lost basically all of his speed as well. I actually re-watched the Forbes fight the other day, and after seeing it in hindsight I don't know how so many people picked against Pac, including me. His face got busted up really quick, he was slow and there were so many opportunities that he just couldn't capitalise on. It was a very telling performance. He also looked slightly drained in that fight too, he had that same odd, skinny forearm, flabby middle look about him that was ten times worse in the Pac fight. Sad.

Anyway, Jones was still quite good actually. He would have beaten most of the top guys in that fight against Calzaghe or certainly made it close. If you had never seen Jones Jr fight before he would have looked like a very good opponent that got beat, whereas if you had never seen Oscar before you would have thought he was an old man that should just not be in there.
                  True, but I still think the DLH that fought Forbes would have beaten Pacquiao, I knew making 147 would take something out of him but I didn't expect him to look that bad, his skin was almost literally hanging off him.

Honestly, I don't think Jones could beat any of the top guys anymore and if he steps in against a top guy, he'd get himself beat up again but I think he can beat a lot of the B fighters at 175 whereas DLH probably can't beat anybody anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bull View Post
                    Roy Jones Jr. went the distance and almost had his man out in the first round, Oscar on the other hand was a skeleton with boxing gloves on.
                    yes but that's because he was in with Calzaghe, who is only rated highly because he waited for his opponents to get old. Pacquiao is a way tougher opponent than Calzaghe pound for pound

Comment

Working...
                    X