Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Floyd the best trash talker of all the times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    To be fair, Bellew straight schooled Haye with facts. This is a bad example if you're making a case for Haye. Especially when he brought up the Klitschko fight.
    Tony Bellew had to keep bringing up the past to gain confidence! for weeks prior to this press conference Bellew was threatening a passive David Haye continuously! (He tried his best to intimidate him, and this press conference was the first stage of his behavior back firing badly!).....

Just look how stressed and shook up he is here...

Comment

Nah, Bernard Hopkins is.

Floyd's trash talking is a bit lame. Floyd is just annoying.

Comment

Mayorga and Edison Miranda were two of the top trash talkers ever. I'm not a fan of trash talking but these two could make me laugh.

Comment

No, but he was good. I only liked it when he did it and Ali. Leonard did it a little earlier in his career leading up to the fights with Duran and Hearns, which wasn't too bad. The rest of the guys that did it just annoyed me and I was glad to see them get their butts handed to them as a result.

Comment

Ali pretty much invented trash talking and is without a doubt the best ever. My favorite was a pre-fight press conference with either Frazier or Bonevena, probably Joe, before the 1st fight when Joe said he was going to knock Ali out, Ali gave this perfectly dismissive "Your gonna knock me out?" in his perfect sneering voice. You have to see it to appreciate it but it was awesome

Comment

If we're talking the modern era then yes and it's not even close. You could argue Ali was better, but Floyd is definitely the most entertaining boxer outside the ring. I mean 24/7 and all these pre-fight shows became essential because of him and were boring without him. The man is a marketing genius because he was able to use all the pre-fight and outside the ring stuff to make people buy the PPV's. When it comes to trash talk he straight killed De La Hoya, Hatton, Mosley, Ortiz and even Pacquiao with it (although most of the Pacquiao stuff was years before they fought, it still counts. Pacquiao was never going to win that fight but due to all the talk he was under unreal pressure from the public to win). The same thing with De La Hoya, the talk definitely got to him he even admits as much. Mosley was probably the most entertaining. He really went all the way in on that guy, hahahaha.

I'm looking forward to the McGregor fight just because I want to see him trash the UFC again. I remember when Dana White was trying to say his fighters are better than Floyd and he said "You can't take my shoes and clothes off and just put me in a cage, you do that with animals, you don't do that with humans"

Comment

True, you don't, but there's a good reason why MMA is in a cage, which anyone that's ever seen MMA fights in a ring knows. It's because in a ring, they run the risk of falling out on the floor while grappling, so they usually have officials at every side of the ring to make sure that doesn't happen and usually place them back in the middle of the ring in the same position to continue the fight. You don't have to do that in a cage. Also the barefoot thing is because they also throw kicks in MMA and they feel the extra weight of shoes is unfair in throwing kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  True, you don't, but there's a good reason why MMA is in a cage, which anyone that's ever seen MMA fights in a ring knows. It's because in a ring, they run the risk of falling out on the floor while grappling, so they usually have officials at every side of the ring to make sure that doesn't happen and usually place them back in the middle of the ring in the same position to continue the fight. You don't have to do that in a cage. Also the barefoot thing is because they also throw kicks in MMA and they feel the extra weight of shoes is unfair in throwing kicks.
                  I know and I understand all that mate, I just thought it was funny the way he said it. This was at a time when the UFC was gathering quite a lot of momentum around 2009 and Dana White was really pushing the whole "UFC is taking over boxing" agenda. Then Floyd came back and basically shut down this whole argument by far eclipsing their PPV numbers and saying things like "MMA is for beer drinkers, boxing is for everybody" along the way. I like MMA to an extent, but UFC has tried to use Mayweather to market their sport so much it's embarrassing. I mean, mid-level guys like Andre Berto make millions in boxing, whereas only the very top guys in the UFC can even get close to that kind of money, so it was and still is a joke that they desperately try to make people think it's a bigger and better sport.
                  Last edited by JK1700; 06-24-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

All I've heard Floyd ever trash talk about was how much more money he had than other people.

Comment

No. You have to have wit and it has to be funny. Poor lil' Floyd is a known halfwit with the education of a 3rd grader and the wit of a wood rat.

Comment

Working...
                      X