Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones Jr. Tells Abel, in his prime NOW he would destroy anybody in his roster!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    Roy Jones Jr??/ pfffttt GGG wouldn't beat Chris Eubank Sr let alone Roy Jones Jr.....
    Eubanks did have the chin, power, and jab to possibly beat GGG. Jones would be out of GGG's league

Comment

• Undoubtedly Roy would fire some great combinations making GGG look silly at times, but he does not have a great chin and GGG has excellent timing and would find it on more then one occasion, so will probably go with GGG...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
        Undoubtedly Roy would fire some great combinations making GGG look silly at times, but he does not have a great chin and GGG has excellent timing and would find it on more then one occasion, so will probably go with GGG...
        who has GGG beaten to even show he could deal with Jones?

Jones beat big lightheavyweights and a heavyweight before he was past prime....he had a good chin until he was shot to all hell...only dropped once in 49 fights

GGG is a good fighter but would get embarrased by someone with Jones talent....he is too easy to hit and lacks head movement

sitting duck for Jones counters, pot shots, speed and power also accuracy

there isnt anything technically that he does better than jONES Either

I just dont see it bro

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          who has GGG beaten to even show he could deal with Jones?

Jones beat big lightheavyweights and a heavyweight before he was past prime....he had a good chin until he was shot to all hell...only dropped once in 49 fights

GGG is a good fighter but would get embarrased by someone with Jones talent....he is too easy to hit and lacks head movement

sitting duck for Jones counters, pot shots, speed and power also accuracy

there isnt anything technically that he does better than jONES Either

I just dont see it bro
          I am not doubting it, but its going to 12 rounds and Jones does not have a great chin. GGG may have never fought anyone like Jones, but nor did Jones fight anyone like GGG. A KO artist, and he is not a just a gun slinger, he is a excellent boxer with great timing, who imo will eventually find Jones's chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
            I am not doubting it, but its going to 12 rounds and Jones does not have a great chin. GGG may have never fought anyone like Jones, but nor did Jones fight anyone like GGG. A KO artist, and he is not a just a gun slinger, he is a excellent boxer with great timing, who imo will eventually find Jones's chin.
            John Ruiz at heavyweight hits a lot harder than GGG.....so does tarver and he took both their shots past prime and at 175 or higher

sorry bro...GGG isnt knocking out a prime Jones who only got dropped 1 time before age 35 and that was against a 175er

great timing against who? GGG has not fought an elite slick boxer or defensive fighter with quick reflexes so......

Comment

• You guys are incredible.

You think GGG can beat a prime Roy Jones Jr yet you fear for Golovkins life at the thought of facing Kovalev or Andre Ward?

That makes zero sense

Comment

• "Golovkin can beat the prime P4P GOAT, Roy Jones Jr. Just please don't stick him in with Andre Ward or Kovalev".

- Golovkin fandom logic

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  John Ruiz at heavyweight hits a lot harder than GGG.....so does tarver and he took both their shots past prime and at 175 or higher

sorry bro...GGG isnt knocking out a prime Jones who only got dropped 1 time before age 35 and that was against a 175er

great timing against who? GGG has not fought an elite slick boxer or defensive fighter with quick reflexes so......
                  You are thinking too simplistic. They might be bigger then GGG, but you are failing to take into account the angles and the connection of impact of the punches. Many of GGG sparring partners says he hits like a LHW.

Ruiz is one of the worst HW champions in recent history. GGG is a much better boxer then him. I would even favor GGG against him, stopping him, in fact.
                  Tarver was a very good boxer but i would still say GGG has the more talented offense.

If Jones makes it to the end of the 12, he wins, but i just dont think he will make it...

Comment

• People mention Roy getting sparked by Tarver fail to realize Roy was shot from going up to HW then cutting weight. Also prime Tarver is a big bad dude, I don't even think GGG could move up and beat him in his prime he's too big

Comment

• Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
                      People mention Roy getting sparked by Tarver fail to realize Roy was shot from going up to HW then cutting weight. Also prime Tarver is a big bad dude, I don't even think GGG could move up and beat him in his prime he's too big
                      I've said this many times here, maybe I'm wrong, but John Ruiz was a big ass dude, so when heads here say that Roy was a big Middleweight they best believe it. Roy was taking body shots on the rope by Ruiz several times and he just took them the way Money May took Pac's barragd in Round 4 or 6. Size matters. If people can prove that Golovkin can move a heavybag better than Ruiz then I'd sure as hell like to see that. Until then, as msot vets here know, RJJ wasn't a joke. Dude was cheated Gold for gods sake

Comment

Working...
                      X