Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else miss the days of the HW Champ being the face of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else miss the days of the HW Champ being the face of boxing?

Just rewatched some old fights and the build ups to Tyson-Spinks, Ali-Frazier,Holyfield-Bowe, and even Lewis-Tyson. Those were some amazing moments.

Mike Tyson walking in with that killer stare and intensity, Spinks(one of the greatest 175LBER'S of all times but out of his league) scared ****less. So much focus on that fight.

Riddick Bowe actually had world tours and countless night-shows. Evander Holyfield on Fresh Prince(lol)

Lennox Lewis-Tyson being such a huge fight DOCUMENTARIES were made of the FIGHT BUILD up..

Lewis-Tyson being rejected by multiple cities and declared an outlaw fight.

Of course Ali-Frazier and how the entire country was divided and watched. One side rooting for Ali, the other rooting for Frazier.
    Yes
    42.86%
    No.
    57.14%

don't care who the face of boxing is
    it's about that face actually fighting everybody
    Floyd refuses to do it, but gets away with it since casuals still buy
    wouldn't matter who the top name is long as he's a fighting champ

Comment

Not really no.

Comment

OP you're not talking about a single face, you're talking about a competitive heavyweight division.

My answer is yes, I do miss a competitive heavyweight division involving Western-based heavyweights.

Comment

For me, Wladimir Klitschko is the face of boxing.

A fighter shouldn't need to be American or "Western", what difference does it make.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            For me, Wladimir Klitschko is the face of boxing.

A fighter shouldn't need to be American or "Western", what difference does it make.
            I read the opening post 10 times to make sure but i heard no mention of"American" or "WESTERN"

Comment

The best fighter in the world,the most dominate and the face of boxing is a heavweight.

Comment

Dont think its changed, its just that the Klitchko's arent as popular in UK / America.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                  The best fighter in the world,the most dominate and the face of boxing is a heavweight.

maybe in europe, yes. but in america, and generally worldwide, the face of boxing is either floyd mayweather or manny pacquiao. im a klit bros fan, as we are from the same hometown, but they are not the face of boxing...

Comment

Working...
                  X