Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxing is brutal. one controversial win and you're a bum. a hypejob.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
    You just contradicted yourself. You say Pac has ALL the advantages, then you say 'once again struggled against a boxer.' So what advantages are you talking about? For all I know, everyone overhyped how Pac's going to perform and he came up short and disappointing.
    STop it. Weight, rehydration, ring size, glove size. Come on man don't act like you don't know.

Manny only dominates slower TR fighters who stay in front of him and come forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Exactly what advantages did Pac have? Dont say weight or size. Both are the same size. JMM even outweighed Pac on fight night and looked fantastic! Wasnt sluggish or weak. He was actually very sharp, fast, and strong.
      The fight should've been at 140 simple and plain. Advantage Manny. LOve manny, worship him, dream about him. Until otherwise proven he can only dominate TR guys who can't box and move. Some of us just want him to earn his respect, not have it given to him because his arch rival isn't popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        STop it. Weight, rehydration, ring size, glove size. Come on man don't act like you don't know.

Manny only dominates slower TR fighters who stay in front of him and come forward.
        You stop it. No matter the weight they all came in the weight they wanted themselves to come in at.

Rehydration? I heard Marquez came in heavier, again thats his choice.

Ring size? Was that ever a problem for anyone?

Stop reaching.

If Manny had all the advantages then he shouldve won clearly. But he didnt. It just means "fans" accessed him all wrong.

And i already called it in my other thread that got deleted. Instead of saying JMM is better than everyone thought at that age, at that weight. They use it to discredit Manny instead.

Comment

But none of those matter when Pac's main kryptonite is against a boxer. Like u just said, boxers WILL give Pac trouble, which I agree with. Things you listed above obviously was not an issue this time around - it was all technical skills/style that was the deciding factor, and Marquez did school Pac because Pac fought Marquez's style. If Marquez was the aggressor as he was with Floyd, I'm pretty sure we'll see a differnt result. Unfortunately for Pac, Marquez stuck with what he's best at, stay on defense and counter.

Comment

The fight should've been at 140 simple and plain. Advantage Manny. LOve manny, worship him, dream about him. Until otherwise proven he can only dominate TR guys who can't box and move. Some of us just want him to earn his respect, not have it given to him because his arch rival isn't popular.
            JMM had the option of weighing 140. He wasnt being forced to weigh in at 144. What happened to the size and weight advantage that Pac was suppose to have on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
              You stop it. No matter the weight they all came in the weight they wanted themselves to come in at.

Rehydration? I heard Marquez came in heavier, again thats his choice.

Ring size? Was that ever a problem for anyone?

Stop reaching.

If Manny had all the advantages then he shouldve won clearly. But he didnt. It just means "fans" accessed him all wrong.

And i already called it in my other thread that got deleted. Instead of saying JMM is better than everyone thought at that age, at that weight. They use it to discredit Manny instead.
              Oxn, Manny deserves the critcism he is receiving. You wont admit it, but manny had all the advantages that come with being the bigger star.

WHen manny is evaluated under the same lens as his contemporaries its brutal but its fair. This fight was about manny so thats why everyone is talking about his performance.

Manny's performance failed to meet expectations. When other fighters, especially floyd, does this, they here about it. Manny deserves the same.

Fair fans, no matter what fighter they support, are waiting for him to dominate a WW that isn't on TR's payroll and comes forward with little movement.

Comment

LMFAO at the *****s talking **** about the fight if Mayweather clearly lost to Castillo.

Comment

it would be wrong to now dismiss pac as a bum or a hypejob considering his accomplishments and his resume. you don't win 4 lineal titles in 4 different weight divisions and 8 world titles in 8 different weight divisions (you can go as low as 7 though considering margarito title fight was pretty bs) by being a bum and a hypejob. I think when pac retires no matter what the haters will say, people will remember him kindly. As far as I see it, pac is better off being the underdog now. it was being an underdog and breaking people's expectations that brought pac to where he is today. so, i say bring it! ..let's go pacman!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
                    But none of those matter when Pac's main kryptonite is against a boxer. Like u just said, boxers WILL give Pac trouble, which I agree with. Things you listed above obviously was not an issue this time around - it was all technical skills/style that was the deciding factor, and Marquez did school Pac because Pac fought Marquez's style. If Marquez was the aggressor as he was with Floyd, I'm pretty sure we'll see a differnt result. Unfortunately for Pac, Marquez stuck with what he's best at, stay on defense and counter.
                    No Mayabang, its not about JMM its about Manny. He simply isn't a smart enough or good enough BOXER. He doesn't have the ability to deal with multiple styles in the ring. He can only live up to expectations when faced with inferior competition. He still has something to prove.

Comment

Oxn, Manny deserves the critcism he is receiving. You wont admit it, but manny had all the advantages that come with being the bigger star.

WHen manny is evaluated under the same lens as his contemporaries its brutal but its fair. This fight was about manny so thats why everyone is talking about his performance.

Manny's performance failed to meet expectations. When other fighters, especially floyd, does this, they here about it. Manny deserves the same.

Fair fans, no matter what fighter they support, are waiting for him to dominate a WW that isn't on TR's payroll and comes forward with little movement.

Exactly. Manny is getting criticized, BUT i dont think he deserves it as much as hes getting.

Simply because its not his fault that people expected more of him than he actually was. Its not his fault people access his REAL abilities incorrectly.

People will use this performance to say that Manny just isnt as good as they thought, and question his past performance, but MAYBE like any other fighter, hes just in his decline, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone will decline.

Comment

Working...
                      X