No announcement yet.

Trump's choice for Defense Secretary is just what is needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's choice for Defense Secretary is just what is needed

"WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump said on Thursday he had chosen James N. Mattis, a hard-charging retired general who led a Marine division to Baghdad during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, to serve as his secretary of defense.

Mr. Trump made the announcement at a rally in Cincinnati, calling General Mattis “the closest thing we have to Gen. George Patton.”

General Mattis, 66, led the United States Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, from 2010 to 2013. His tour there was cut short by the Obama administration, which believed he was too hawkish on Iran.

But his insistence that Iran is the greatest threat to peace in the Middle East, as well as his acerbic criticism of the Obama administration’s initial efforts to combat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, made him an attractive choice for the incoming president."

--------------------------------------

After being promoted to lieutenant general, Mattis took command of Marine Corps Combat Development Command. On February 1, 2005, speaking ad libitum at a forum in San Diego, he said "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling."

Sources:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/us...rump.html?_r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...opment_Command

-_-'

You probably couldn't even convince that old guy to spar anybody in a ring, let alone "brawl" in a battlefield.

Actually, "brawling" in a battlefield is the last thing anyone should want to do.

Nah...they'll just drone innocent civilians/enemies alike, probably destroying another hospital in the process.

There's no point to pointless war.

Mad dog?

LOL!!!!

Comment

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

“The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some *******s in the world that just need to be shot.”

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all."

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”

"I don't give a damn about the officers. If they don't like what they're doing, they can get on a plane and leave the Corps - go back where they came from. But I do care deeply about those 18- and 19-year-old Lance Corporals out on the frontlines."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

-Incoming Secretary of Defense James "Mad Dog" Mattis

Comment

Served under this cat back in the day and all I can say is he's got a few screws loose. I thought he would get booted out of the service back then for things he said and did, but he pulled it off. Not the best pick for Sec Def, but I'll hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
          -_-'You probably couldn't even convince that old guy to spar anybody in a ring, let alone "brawl" in a battlefield.
          He's a combat vet, so you again speak from ignorance.

Maybe you should do some basic research about topics before commenting on them.....

I must admit it is quite funny to see a guy known for hurling childish insults anonymously online at other anonymous people questioning the courage of a Marine General.

Would that fall under irony or hubris?
          Last edited by 1bad65; 12-02-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
            Served under this cat back in the day and all I can say is he's got a few screws loose. I thought he would get booted out of the service back then for things he said and did, but he pulled it off. Not the best pick for Sec Def, but I'll hope for the best.
            A lot of vets on my facebook really dig this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              "WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump said on Thursday he had chosen James N. Mattis, a hard-charging retired general who led a Marine division to Baghdad during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, to serve as his secretary of defense.

Mr. Trump made the announcement at a rally in Cincinnati, calling General Mattis “the closest thing we have to Gen. George Patton.”

General Mattis, 66, led the United States Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia, from 2010 to 2013. His tour there was cut short by the Obama administration, which believed he was too hawkish on Iran.

But his insistence that Iran is the greatest threat to peace in the Middle East, as well as his acerbic criticism of the Obama administration’s initial efforts to combat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, made him an attractive choice for the incoming president."

--------------------------------------

After being promoted to lieutenant general, Mattis took command of Marine Corps Combat Development Command. On February 1, 2005, speaking ad libitum at a forum in San Diego, he said "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling."

Sources:
              http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/us...rump.html?_r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...opment_Command

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                -_-'

You probably couldn't even convince that old guy to spar anybody in a ring, let alone "brawl" in a battlefield.

Actually, "brawling" in a battlefield is the last thing anyone should want to do.

Nah...they'll just drone innocent civilians/enemies alike, probably destroying another hospital in the process.

There's no point to pointless war.

Mad dog?

LOL!!!!
                Would like to see you say that to ANY marine's face

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  He seems to be a tough talker but I wonder if he knows if Michelle Obama is a man or a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    A lot of vets on my facebook really dig this guy.
                    I'm telling you as a guy who actually interacted with and conversed with him on a regular basis, no lie. Again, no one's perfect, and he's a better choice than me, just stating my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X